When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Portu Regulateur 5444 help request

Hi all,

I recently received my first IWC (another IWC 5004 on its way). I did the usual, winded the watch up about 20 rotations and then winded in the locked position. But the movement doesn't work. Is there any way to find out if the watch is DOA without harming the watch? Everything seems to be intact. There's no rattling of some sort. I am aware that the Portu models are a pain with the seconds at 6. Am I one of the unlucky ones? Any suggestions or tips is greatly appreciated.

Best,

CWD

I have the same watch and it worked for awhile then stopped. Sent it for servicing and it had a lot of issues. Now that it's serviced, it has a 60 hour power reserve!

The main transfer plate that is used to move the hour hand is just sitting there. No jewel or anything.

thanks. will look around for local watchsmiths that are rep friendly. if not successful, do you have someone you can recommend thats CONUS? how much did the service cost you? thanks for the tip!

Send an email to The Katt ... he's a trusted watch tech on RWI, and he's located in the Midwest ... he is a good guy, and knows his stuff. Very reasonable and quick turn-around times. GKLONER at Gmail dot Com