When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111 N Noob Asian vs Swiss Eta ?

vmsdisc

Hi guys

New to this . i m looking at purchasing a PAM 111 and hv decided to purchase from Puretime after browsing their website .What i found is their PAM 111 come in two type of Eta Asian and Swiss Eta .

i just wondering if anyone can give me an advice which would be a good investment ? Asian or Swiss eta ? There is also a big price diff on both ETA movements

Here is the link to puretime for both watch

Asian

http://puretimewatch.com/product/pam111-n-noob-best-edition-on-black-oem-rubber-strap/

Swiss

http://puretimewatch.com/product/pam111-n-noob-best-edition-on-black-oem-rubber-strap-swiss-eta6497/

By the way is Puretime recommended site for purchase ?

Appreciate the advice in advance

The current Asian 21K's are pretty good, there is really no reason to spend extra money for the Swiss version. The markup on the Swiss version is way too high as well.

You'd be better off putting the money you save towards servicing the movement and an awesome custom strap.

Edited by lfovco

I was looking at the Asian Unitas movement myself

I notice it has the higher 21000 vpm vs 18000 VPN from the Swiss movement.

Does that mean the Asian Unitas is close to the GEN movement???

Yes, it's closer to the gen movement than the "swiss" version - but that's not the main reason to go Asian. The ( huge) price difference would be it.

Guess that depends on what parameter of the op xi movement you consider most important? If beat rate then yes, if original maker and qc procedures than no...

What QC do you think you get from an Asian rep manufacturer on a Swiss movement ?????

It will be a NOS movement that will need a service the same as a new Asian one

Asian easily.

tq for the advice

I was looking at the Asian Unitas movement myself

I notice it has the higher 21000 vpm vs 18000 VPN from the Swiss movement.

Does that mean the Asian Unitas is close to the GEN movement???

tis what i wondering as well .. the price gap as high usd 150 to usd 170 between eta and it quite standard for Panerai modal noted

The current Asian 21K's are pretty good, there is really no reason to spend extra money for the Swiss version. The markup on the Swiss version is way too high as well.

You'd be better off putting the money you save towards servicing the movement and an awesome custom strap.

will serious consider yr advice

Guess that depends on what parameter of the op xi movement you consider most important? If beat rate then yes, if original maker and qc procedures than no...

ic but for long term investment . Can i hv the better of both world ?

Yes, it's closer to the gen movement than the "swiss" version - but that's not the main reason to go Asian. The ( huge) price difference would be it.

understood

What QC do you think you get from an Asian rep manufacturer on a Swiss movement ?????

It will be a NOS movement that will need a service the same as a new Asian one

noted