When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jawbone Jambox - Wireless Bluetooth Speaker

redwatch

Just got this in today. The Jawbone Jambox is a small little wireless speaker that uses bluetooth from your device for audio and/or speakerphone functionality. I love listening to music and sometimes while I am at work I am away from my desk working in other rooms in my building. I thought this would be a good little portable device for me to use. Reviews were pretty positive so I bought one directly from Jawbone. The particular one that I bought is a limited edition one that they made to support a charity group called "Charity:Water". For each one they sell, they are donating $50 to the charity. I figured since I was going to be spending the money anyways, might as well get the limited edition one and have some of the money go to a good cause.

Anyways, I have to say that I am a bit of an audio nerd. I have worked in some of the best of the best recording studios in the world and have had the opportunity to play around with some pretty stunning sound systems. This is not going to blow your socks off, but for the size of it, the audio is definitely not that bad. Considering I will be using this in an office environment, it's not as though I will have it cranked up all the time.

Overall I am quite pleased with this little device!!

jambox_big.jpg

jambox_4.jpg

Just tried it out and it's pretty great actually! The caller on the other end of the call didn't realize I was on a speaker at all. Supposedly you can connect two devices to the speakerphone simultaneously as well. Could be interesting for a conference call.

Further update. When paired with the iPhone, battery level is shown next to the phone batter meter. Pretty nice little feature! Plus there are apps for the unit that you can add when syncing it with the website. So far it's a very impressive little device!