When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a7750 6-9-12: setting time has a click and hand jump...

hackR

i have a movement that when setting the time - has a noticeable "click" with an associated hand "jump" forward approx 2 minutes...this click occurs a couple times as i move the time forward an hour...once set after this annoying "click/jump" the watch usually keeps good time without any issues...however, sometimes, after i set the time to a specific time, the time won't advance even tho the movement is running (second hand is moving)...to correct this, i have to roll the time forward 10 minutes or so and then bring it back to the time i'm trrying to set...

yes - it probably needs a service like all a7750...but i've never experienced this click/jump...as i'm a learning watchsmith, i thought i'd crack the watch open and see what's happening...not sure if its a simple fix or not...

thinking i may have a gear that has a broken tooth or something...but what the hell do i know - which is the reason i'm posting this...any info and/or advice is appreciated...

thanks...R

The minute wheel probably has some broken teeth. That explains the clicking as where the broken teeth are the minute hand will jump forward when setting time and also explains loosing time because where the teeth are missing the minute hand will not move. Easy fix or a skilled watchmaker.