When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I finally did it - 78390 for daytona project

LeSentier

Yeah, it was hard to find - tried it for nearly one year, but the automatic research on ebay worked well.

I hope that the JAW case is of best quality and worth the bucks...

Movement and dial were both sourced from honorable members here.

Another 16520 to come, soon

Guest zeleni kukuruz
Some eye-candy for those who're interested...

Everything still wrapped!

Yummy...

Mr J, this build is going to be the best!!! Im so looking forward to see it, your a lucky man and im happy that some of us guys can do this projects! I will never be abel to a build like this!!!

Comgrates mate, im very happy for you!

Many thanks, Mr.Z, your post makes my day ;) !

Let´s see how things turn out - I am waiting for my JAW case, hoping it is awsome... :g:

These kinds of projects are indeed a little - let´s say - challenging. To invest in the parts is the one thing, to source them is another one. To be honest: I was lucky to get an A-Series dial from the one and only, very polite and patient chefcook, for a more than fair price.

The movement was purchased from flex, who did all the required mods (date function removed, hour and minute wheel changed to gen) , and included gen Rolex hands, Minute and hour wheel - great seller, very nice guy!

Case, including pushers, Xstal, Caseback a.s.o. was sourced from JAW, who also offered me a good price.

The bracelet was bought from a seller on the bay yesterday. :wiggle:

The total amount of this project including Domis labour for servicing the movement and putting everything together - and I think I got good prices on the parts - will be around € 3.300, which is approx $ 4.400 (USD).

I will list everything once it is completed (guess at the end of May), and will llight a candle for my patient supporters. Without them and the help of all the members here, a project like this is very hard to realize.

Thank you all! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:wub: Wow great project and with the El Primero modified which with all necessary gen parts will hopefully work flawlessly and therefore be an amazing value watch! You'll have the best of both worlds, an amazing El Primero with 36k bph and Daytona styling, can't wait to see it finished! Please keep us posted!