When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

gen tube in omega planet ocean 42mm ultimate TS

APguy1

Yes it will fit into that one just fine, need to glue it in place though, plenty of threads detailing the job around here. The rep crown/tube is not the best and prone to stripping threads, but surely no need to do the mod until it strips or is at least close to stripping?, some rep ones last just fine!

would lock tight do the job ?

also would it aid to it being more waterproof?

There's different types of Loctite, right? I don't think the ordinary type will do. Since the hole is bigger than the gen tube you need a filler. I used JB Marine Weld with good results.

Don't really know - I'm guessing the rep crown and tube are decent at keep the water away? Just make sure everything sits flush and put some silicone grease in the right spots.

Locktight is a bit too quick drying and runny for this type of job, you need the more longer bonding slower/thicker/stickier types, as lovecraft say JB Marine Weld and other marine type epoxies or other aerospace epoxies are the choice, Alraldite Epoxy is another good one. It will definitely be water tight if done correctly. The epoxy should be thick enough to fill any small gaps between tube and case. You only need a tiny bit. It's not a difficult job, but a little finicky and requires patience. There is a number of threads all over the forums showing the process.

Here:

The rep case and rep tube has slightly different construction from the gens - but it's close enough. You won't be able to see it. You just need the epoxy to fill the slight gap and make the tube stick.

Ideally, the gen tube would fit perfectly, but since it's not a gen case it doesn't...

Yep that's the way it goes, the gen case tube screws into the gen, the rep case tube is slightly wider than the gen case tube so there is a slight gap internally, it's very slight gap, only way to bridge that gap is to fill it. It's not the most graceful but it works. The JB weld and chemical metal type stuff works better than most. If you are very skilled at metalwork you could make and then tap a tube unit where the gen tub screws in and then it is fit into the case more tightly, but that is a bit of a [censored] to do!

Edit: Just seeing your reply now lc :D

If your in the states, ask the zig to do a proper job on it, then the tube will stay in unless you use a sledge hammer and an axe to get it out :D

Honestly though the glueing method does work, the only times I've heard of them pulling out again is if the modder was impatient and couldn't wait the drying time to go fiddling with it or if it was installed incorrectly and crooked in the first place, once it is level and flush against the case it will be fine

right i have found the parts now i need the watch from timeshops, i have done my research and i have found this

the watch Omega Planet Ocean 42mm UPO .

the parts parts case number :168.1651

and a how to to fit it tube

thanks for the help guys oh one more thing i have contacted Timeshops about availability but they haven't come back to me since last week so im a bit worried ill buy it and it wont turn up, any advice ???

Well they just had all the factory seizures, and they are probably now on holiday becuase of the Feast of the ancestors until about April 6th. Some dealers posts say it might get better only in about 2 weeks

But definetely don't pay anything until they have confirmed they can get it for you.

• Like 1

Contact a few dealers, some might have it in reserve stock. You can also get all the parts on cousinsuk as you've just found :D

Also not too sure of any uk modders who are doing franken po's for people, theres a guy called smidsy over on repgeek and rwi who has done some for forumites. Most eu stuff is done by modders in Germany, domi or uwe. Their contact details will be in the modders section of all the fourms.