When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Aquaracer - QC Help

Looks like watchfinder has found a watch! That looks exactly like my Aquaracer 300 with the exception of dial color. It is VERY hard to actually QC a watch with such limited photos but the actual task at hand is to determine if this is, in fact, the watch that you ordered. Other than that confirmation, you are limited to any obvious things like crooked batons, hands of incorrect color or scratches etc. Since there is nothing obvious to me about the condition or build quality of this pictured watch, then it would pass inspection. However, the TD should have provided another key photo of the screen of the testing equipment, with YOUR watch in the photo. Then you can see the tested performance of this watch. Many collectors reject on the basis of low amplitude or estimated loss of greater than say, 10 seconds a day. This link will be a good guide for you http://www.rwg.cc/topic/143934-how-to-read-timegrapher-results/ , assuming they sent you the test screen shot.

If you decide you do not like it after it arrives, it is easy to sell it for a very small loss as buyers are eager to buy known and inspected entities. But you will have to take much better photos than these QC shots to sell something.

Good luck with the watch.

Thanks Powermax.

I have asked Doris at PureTime to send a picture of the watch with the calibration machine and results. I was quite surprised this wasn't sent initially, but I think most of the dealers are busy due to the Quingming festival and are trying their best fulfil orders, not to mention the recent Anti fraud campaign.

The only thing I've noticed with this watch is that the numbers on the inner blue bezel do not align up correctly.

Not sure if you can reject a watch on such a small imperfection?

This is a great watch and I was persuaded following a read of this Gen-Rep comparison

I actually prefer the blue dial color on the Rep.

Many thanks for your help.

The only thing I've noticed with this watch is that the numbers on the inner blue bezel do not align up correctly.

Not sure if you can reject a watch on such a small imperfection?

Looks to me like the outer bezel is a click off. It's a diving watch, you know.