When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Idea for a forum meet up

archierocks

hi now i know all the guys on RWG are spread far and wide all over the word but i had an idea there seems to be some geniuine friends on here all with each other and helping new members how about a RWG at baselworld 2013

we would have just under a year to sort it

hxxp://www.baselworld.com/en-US.aspx

Mate you need to do some searching for GTG and Brussels, the first was historic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I belive Sweden is earmarked for this year, Just waiting for some one to Anounce where and when but he has just had a new family addition so i think he is busy!

you can get tickets for Basel world on the door, but it was a bit of a dissapointment as all the big watch houses with huge stands are by infitation only, it is just like walking in a big shopping mall but all you can do is look in the windows, take a step in side and the security stops you and asks to see your invite, no invite no entrance, lookin the windows like a pauper should!

I belive Sweden is earmarked for this year, Just waiting for some one to Anounce where and when but he has just had a new family addition so i think he is busy!

Sweden is indeed earmarked for this years EU GTG. Like Andy says my new family member has kept me quite busy lately.. But rest assured - a date and place will be announced in a separate thread very soon! ;)

I keep wanting to try and make the EU GTG's as well. They always look like a fantastic time!

The GTG's around here is a blast! It's an "all in" situation every time! I know vlydog is interested in attending as well - will try to give you guys on the other side of the pond as much heads up as possible! :)

you can get tickets for Basel world on the door, but it was a bit of a dissapointment as all the big watch houses with huge stands are by infitation only, it is just like walking in a big shopping mall but all you can do is look in the windows, take a step in side and the security stops you and asks to see your invite, no invite no entrance, lookin the windows like a pauper should!

Can't someone make some accurate reps of the invitations? :bangin:

Inb4 "Rolex invitation V5.0 Ultimate Swiss 1:1 Original completely dissected takes genuine parts!"

Edited by Tom Hawkes

i can get us group tickets and prob invitations i was their last year and had no problems going on all the stands i know alot of the brands out width the big boys skagen always have a decent stand there and i have been working really close with them for the last 5 years

i dont know if you would need an invite to each stand to get on it

I always get my tickets via Hublot. They can be had at the door as well, but they are not cheap. I thought around 50 Euros for 1 day. It is true what Andy says, most of the big watch houses are by invitation, or you have to know some inside people. I missed a lot of stuff the first year I went, but the second year I got some appointments, which makes it possible to view and touch new releases. But this is only with the biggest watch houses. Smaller ones like MB&F are extremely nice to visit, you can even chat with the CEO's of smaller houses.

Also bear in mind that every hotel in Basel is fully booked months before! :) And those hotels ain't cheap either. I do like the idea though.