When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Josh's 5514 Comex

red series 3

Hey guys I'm looking for a watch to wear on building sites and bash around without concern.

I was thinking about an explorer but then i've moved towards a 5513. I've got a nice 5513 dial with an eta 2836 no date, but I have no case to suit.

So i started thinking maybe the chinese movement 5514 which would mean i could swap out the movement for an eta and switch between a comex dial and a 5513 dial.

So I wanted to know if the quality of construction on this 5514 is the same as the much heralded 5513 /5512 from Josh or are they the same as the 1665.

Any reviews on the Josh 5514 would be great as always all help is appreciated

Sorry if i have asked a silly question, I just want to know if there is anybody with any experience for me on this.

I just want to buy something cheap stick a gen replacement type high dome on it and rock it on NATO strap.

Will Joshs 5514 tick the box or leave me dissapointed?

Cheers

i don't know anything about josh's 5514 case, but i have a question that might help -- is there a reason you want to use the 5514 case instead of using the 5512/5513 case? do you want to make a 5514 comex with no-logo dial like ubiquitous made?

because if not, the HEV is incorrect for a 5513 dial. also, is your genuine dial an earlier matte dial, or is it glossy with white gold surrounds? if it is the latter, then the 5514 case would certainly be wrong for that dial.

hope this helps somewhat :victory:

deltatahoe

No major reason, I like the slightly thicker case of the sea dwellers.

The dial i have is a matte dial.

I thought about a 1665 but i want a no date watch.

Its not a big priority I had a bit of time over Easter and i got to fix up a few jobs.

I'm wearing a 16610LV rep I bought back in 2007 and wore nearly every day for the 5 years since. Its busted up but rock solid. I've had to do repairs to bracelet dial but the movement is still going strong. Who says reps are poorly made. I dropped it on its face to see if the crystal would smash. The crystal survived but the dial lost half of its markers.(my wife knocked my gen 16610LV off the side table on NEW YEARS EVE and the crystal smashed hence i wanted to test the reps durability)