When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner - Best options?

phatlinux

Hi fellas,

I'm a total n00b here, but I've spent the past 3 hours reading through the forum! You guys have a great community and I hope to become a contributing part of it as I dive into this world.

I want to get myself a decent submariner, but I am having trouble determining what/who my best options are. I am ok with spending a little bit of $$ to get something that is going to hold up and stay on my wrist for a few years to come. Any recommendations? I tried to find a glossary with term definitions but all the links appear to be dead so I am somewhat stumbling around in the dark.

Thanks!

Hi fellas,

I'm a total n00b here, but I've spent the past 3 hours reading through the forum! You guys have a great community and I hope to become a contributing part of it as I dive into this world.

I want to get myself a decent submariner, but I am having trouble determining what/who my best options are. I am ok with spending a little bit of $$ to get something that is going to hold up and stay on my wrist for a few years to come. Any recommendations? I tried to find a glossary with term definitions but all the links appear to be dead so I am somewhat stumbling around in the dark.

Thanks!

First off, welcome to the forum! You found the search button, great (most dont). Who has the best sub is the most common question around here. Try reading for atleast three weeks instead of three hours. They maybe you will know. But as another poster said, the n00b sub is a good starting point. The BK sub is based on the n00b, so for little money you will get an idea of how good the replicas are. Have fun :)

P.s And for the love of god. There are other brands than Rolex (that wont get you called out every other hour) ;)

Hey there and welcome. I'm afraid you have asked the noobiest question of all noobs and you seem to have revived a couple of sarcastic comments back.

In a few weeks you will know why, you will look back and smile, you may even drop a couple on the next noob.

I would go with TC. As you read more you may disc over Frankens. I did and I'm sad to say an out of the box rep doesn't cut the mustard for me anymore. Damn those genuine parts!

Anyway the Tc sub pops up regular now on the sales forum. They accept gen parts, quickest mod is to stick in a gen insert and this thing is really good to go. Good luck.

Here's mine with gen insert and crystal.

685b0448.jpg