When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a rep ROO Safari

moomooj

Hi there,

Am I glad to have found this forum! I hope you guys can give me some pointers. I'm looking for a rep ROO Safari.

First of all, is it a good model to get a rep for?

I have looked up Trusted Time and Perfect Clones, the hornback strap on the rep all seem a bit off in color and texture. Is it possible to get a gen set of straps?

I'd really appreciate it if someone can point me to the right dealer. Thanks a million!

Hi and Welcome,

Recently bought a Safari from a TD – although it has some minor faults such as; the colour of the dial is slightly off, pusher are not 100% as per Gen and a movement that some fellow members will characterise as troublesome e.g. the likely to require some attention within 1-3 years pending on wear and luck. (I have 5 AP ROO all less that 2 years old; of witch 2 have required a service)

The give away on this particular model is that strap, as the strap provided by the rep factories are horrible. This can easy be corrected with a replacement from AP Bands or a similar strap provider, however somewhat costly pending on your point of view.

I opted personally for this solution and am very happy with the outcome.

Note: this is only my personal opinion and pls read other threads by ppl much more experienced than myself

Good luck

Hi and Welcome,

Recently bought a Safari from a TD – although it has some minor faults such as; the colour of the dial is slightly off, pusher are not 100% as per Gen and a movement that some fellow members will characterise as troublesome e.g. the likely to require some attention within 1-3 years pending on wear and luck. (I have 5 AP ROO all less that 2 years old; of witch 2 have required a service)

The give away on this particular model is that strap, as the strap provided by the rep factories are horrible. This can easy be corrected with a replacement from AP Bands or a similar strap provider, however somewhat costly pending on your point of view.

I opted personally for this solution and am very happy with the outcome.

Note: this is only my personal opinion and pls read other threads by ppl much more experienced than myself

Good luck

Thanks for your input. I actually contacted AP bands, and they told me theirs are not like the OEM in regards of the color and the stitching. I agree with you, the straps are the dead giveaways. I don't mind spending the money, it just seems that these particular straps are impossible to find. Do yours look like the auth. ones? Is it even possible to buy auth. ones from AP directly?

I know some dealers will ask for the serial number if your watch before selling a Gen strap, I guess you can get around that by picking a serial number from an online resource. Saying that I don’t know if a gen strap will fit or the cost of such a strap.

In respect to AP Bands; my strap (Dark Brown) is as the name says slightly darker than the original, maybe (stressing the maybe) closer to what the original will look like after some wrist time. In respect to the stitching I don’t see any difference, over all I the watch looks amazing. I would recommend it..

As far as AP straps go, no aftermarket hornback will be as per gen. But aftermarkets get close. It all depends on what you prefer. I prefer gen straps, never had a problem ordering them from a boutique.If you really want an aftermarket strap then I would recommend jacobstraps, he is a spanish strapmaker. His straps are better than the other ones available imo (hktan, apbands, ...). They are cheaper as well and they use inserts at the end of the strap as per gen. Gen has metal inserts while jacobstraps has plastic inserts but they are the same. The gen strap makes the watch imo.

I think you are right on the money. I called around and was able to order the gen strap from a boutique. The price is $500+, but I think it's money well spent. Thanks for all your info.

BTW, has any trusted seller made a safari with silver lining on the numerals yet? Thanks for all the good inputs.