When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nice Zenith

okram

Mineral crystal glass face resists scratches much better than regular glass. Yes sure resist more but it will still scratch.

My first gen breitling was a super ocean 1997 with mineral glass, after 1 year full of scratches, than a few years ago i updated it to sapphire

Considering the prices they want on this side +200 dollar, I would not touch them.

joshua used to have to model in ss bracelet for less i bought it from him before and sold it to another member. but it has the white dial instead. I am not sure if joshua still has it anymore. should check his website.

that is a rep, there are a few versions floating around, i think the version with the date and not the calender are better. but i have only seen one.

the price is rediculous - check ioffer http://www.ioffer.com/i/ZENITH-Chronomaste...c-2006-14321172

http://www.ioffer.com/advSearchSold.do?tar...=BuySearchTable

Zenith is a tougher one to replicate it seems. No point getting an El Primero rep, as part of the reason for getting that is the actual movement itself, in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
Zenith is a tougher one to replicate it seems. No point getting an El Primero rep, as part of the reason for getting that is the actual movement itself, in my opinion.

I hope the replica factories will start producing some high end Zenith copies. I think the Open Class genuines are some of the hottest looking watches available and the movement is legendary. Like the IWC and Tag replica market, I think demand and demand for quality would quickly escalate into dynamite pieces that I would gobble up.

In the ever changing position for number one on the fantasy list, this is this week's champion

148920-15164.jpg

The wife has promised me a "high horology" 25th wedding anniversary present. The only problem is there is way too much time between now and then and way too many "ultimates" to choose from.

I hope the replica factories will start producing some high end Zenith copies. I think the Open Class genuines are some of the hottest looking watches available and the movement is legendary. Like the IWC and Tag replica market, I think demand and demand for quality would quickly escalate into dynamite pieces that I would gobble up.

In the ever changing position for number one on the fantasy list, this is this week's champion

148928-15161.jpg

The wife has promised me a "high horology" 25th wedding anniversary present. The only problem is there is way too much time between now and then and way too many "ultimates" to choose from.

Crystal - did you see my active desktop i "modified" you can select this page as your screen backround and its a working clock :)

Zenith watch background

I agree with you, this zenith in my opinion is the "Ultimate" watch. I love the white dial its FREAKING awesome

if you want to grab a good deal - cobalt dial - $3590 - i was going to grab some and resell them on ebay for 4700, but someone is already trying that :)

http://www.collectorstime.com/zenith.htm

148928-15162.jpg

i'm trying to figure out how to raise the $$ for this watch - primary reason i took on the pen thing

OMFG!

I had the rose gold version for 10K at the top of the list but that dial is just gorgeous.

I still think this watch is within the replication capibilities of our sweatshop friends. There are many $99 poor copies on ioffer that look like the basics are certainly there to make a great high fidelity replica.

And yes, the desktop version is on my work computer at this moment! Thanks!

OMFG!

I had the rose gold version for 10K at the top of the list but that dial is just gorgeous.

I still think this watch is within the replication capibilities of our sweatshop friends. There are many $99 poor copies on ioffer that look like the basics are certainly there to make a great high fidelity replica.

And yes, the desktop version is on my work computer at this moment! Thanks!

Fantastic my brother in arms. - Have you ever tried it on? I thought it was cool from the photos - but when i put it on WOW. Its amazing. The rose gold is nice, but for something more financially attainable, i like teh white dial - i remember the roman numerals being black not SS. but, to me it has the class and look of a grandfather clock - the size of a panera and the sport/ edge with that window.

I know that its not likely the factories will rep a 36000 bps movement, but i also don't think that the portions of the movement are very unique.

:)

Fantastic my brother in arms. - Have you ever tried it on? I thought it was cool from the photos - but when i put it on WOW. Its amazing. The rose gold is nice, but for something more financially attainable, i like teh white dial - i remember the roman numerals being black not SS. but, to me it has the class and look of a grandfather clock - the size of a panera and the sport/ edge with that window.

I know that its not likely the factories will rep a 36000 bps movement, but i also don't think that the portions of the movement are very unique.

:)

I don't think we'll ever see a rep of the movement but the standard 28,000 bph 7750 should work just fine. I don't know if an active power reserve module can be added, I've never seen this movement with one, but the visuals through the window would look complex enough. The minute counter would have to be moved and there would be date wheel depth issues.

I just think this watch is in a class all it's own and is an untapped gem in the replica world. Who would have guessed two years ago that there would be 25 quality versions of IWC watches. Put out a 1-1 copy, even with a dummy power meter, that has a 1-1 copy of the genuine rotor with a display caseback and they will come!