When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New rep on its way, what to do?

maverick86

Guys, looking for a friendly bit of advice, as this will be my first rep.

As some of you know I purchased a HBB big bang Ayrton Senna from Joshua.

38116913.jpg

It's in transit as I type, but what should I do when it gets here?

Should I take it to get a once over by a jeweller?

Also, as it'll be my first automatic watch, is there a "how to care for your watch" guide on here? (had a search but couldn't see anything)

Anything else you may think I'll need to know/address will be more than helpful.

Cheers

Edited by Maverick86

Since it is your first replica you need some advice

When it arrives makes sure it works:

1. Shake it a few times and wear it on your wrist for a day

2. The when its fully wound try the chrono/stop watch function...A. One push at the top pusher and then wait for 20 seconds before B. Pushing the same upper button to stop the seconds hand C. then you push the lower pusher button to reset the seconds hand

3. Then if all is OK you screw out the crown and set the correct time and put it back on your wrist

4. Then 24 hours later you see if it keeps good time = + or - 15 seconds a day you are fine

5. If watch is 1-2 minutes wrong per day, or after 2 years of use, then you send it for service with someone who does such things on this board

Thanks gran, that's helpful.

I've had the tracking number from Joshua, but for some reason it isn't working for me, it's saying it's invalid... He gave me an order number and a 13 digit number.

Which do I use on the ems website?

the number should start EE from joshua sometimes it takes a few days for it to go live on the ems site until its actually posted

Thanks gran, that's helpful.

I've had the tracking number from Joshua, but for some reason it isn't working for me, it's saying it's invalid... He gave me an order number and a 13 digit number.

Which do I use on the ems website?

If the watch came from China, go to the China Post websire and put the tracking number in.It should show the progress up until the package leaves the country. It won't show up on the USPS tracking until it's physically scanned into the USPS system.

Thanks.

I'm looking into getting one of those protective covers for it, but I can't seem to find where you can get them. Anybody post a link?

balaclava hublot?

162-555-thickbox.jpg

Ate you sure you need one of those?

• Like 1

Since it is your first replica you need some advice

When it arrives makes sure it works:

1. Shake it a few times and wear it on your wrist for a day

2. The when its fully wound try the chrono/stop watch function...A. One push at the top pusher and then wait for 20 seconds before B. Pushing the same upper button to stop the seconds hand C. then you push the lower pusher button to reset the seconds hand

3. Then if all is OK you screw out the crown and set the correct time and put it back on your wrist

4. Then 24 hours later you see if it keeps good time = + or - 15 seconds a day you are fine

5. If watch is 1-2 minutes wrong per day, or after 2 years of use, then you send it for service with someone who does such things on this board

Good advice, but before all of these, make sure all the screws are tighten on the watch, u dont want any of them going missing.

Few days probably, depends how long it sits in customs. "Handed over to customs" is nothing to worry about.

Ahh ok, haven't gone through this yet so I was unsure. I'd say you get a lot of worried noobs with the same thing?! Lol

Hublot emailed me back, and I think they're sending me out a new "H" screwdriver and spare screws in the post.

Either that or they're going to track me down! Lol they wanted my address.

Hi Maverick - I am also awaitring my first HBB purchase, I'm not really an export on this thing as this is my 1st post here really but I am also based int eh UK (London to be exact) and my watch was sitting in customs for around 3-4 days and has now moved to the status " International Hub - Received and processed" so I am assuming I shall be ready for delivery soon as the next step I presume is for the package to be taken to my Local Depot for delivery. So as I am doing, I would sit tight and not worry about a thing and check back in a couple of days rather than continously - Who knows it may even land on your door step before you even have to check again my friend ;)