When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which of these Subs?

d4v1d

/edit:

Sorry..

Which of these?

Clone movement

http://www.1-pc8838....ial-p-7851.html (Same as the $328 from Puretime?)

http://puretimewatch...rrect-bracelet/

Asian 2836

http://puretimewatch...correct-buckle/

http://puretimewatch...-black-ceramic/

I have heard the Asian movements are more reliable then the Rolex clone movement. Is that true?

Edited by d4v1d

Lets be clear about this please ... there is an ETA Clone movement and a Rolex 3135 Clone movement .. you can't just say "clone movement"

The Rolex 3135 clone is fairly new at around two years old and has some problems, such as red paint flaking off the gears, and jamming the moving parts.

There is also a true 3135 copy movement which is very new and has no known problems *yet* .. but a gamble to buy since it is so new.

The three watches you link on Puretime ..

1 - Asian 3135 clone Submariner

2 - Old N-Factory Sub with incorrect polished midlink bracelet, Asia ETA Clone $228

3 - New N-Factory Sub with correct brushed bracelet, Asia ETA Clone $238

Perfect Clones link:

N-Factory Sub with Asia Clone 3135, OR option genuine Swiss ETA .. you choose .. $348

Do you want a Swiss ETA or a China clone ETA? That is your choice.

Thanks for your reply. Very clarifying.

So you mean the gold movement vs. the real swiss eta which add an extra charge of $90 above on the gold movement?

If both are good movements and make the second hand move like a gen, then I go for the cheaper Chinese movement.. I really don't care about how the movement looks since you don't see it..

But from what I have read on repgeek.. there are many flaws on the ceramic sub:

A couple of typical flaws for the ceramic subs out of the box listed here randomly:

- pearl 3D appearance is bad

- wrong hour hand

- no rehaut engraving alignment to minute markers

- wrong crown height

- chrome rings on lumed markers too fat

- lume application lacks precision

- date wheel font too fat, wrong font type and not correctly centered

- cyclops lacks AR effect of gen

- crystal rim appears too slim due to difference in construction

- crystal height is usually too flat due to different construction

- crown embossing on clasp has thick high spacers between the crown branches

- bezel insert height and bezel insert engraving appearance is off

- rep case has geometric inconsistencies vs gen

So unfortunately I have skipped the ceramic Sub. I am going for the default Sub which has much less flaws as fas as I know..

Not sure which one yet..

I do not know who made your list of flaws, but I can assure you it was someone who was purposely trying to make that list as long as possible.

"geometric inconsistencies" in the case???

Let me tell you something ... the N-Factory subs have been posted as genuine by unwise people on the "genuine watch" forums, and received with a stream of LOOKS GOOD .. CONGRATS posts.

Someone can made a laborious and masturbatory list of "errors" as long as they like but the simple truth is that 99% of people can not tell replica from genuine watch when the replica is of high quality.

You are correct about the movements. The Asian ETA clone is a good choice.

I do not know who made your list of flaws, but I can assure you it was someone who was purposely trying to make that list as long as possible.

"geometric inconsistencies" in the case???

Good for you jkay I never even gave it enough credit to read any further....so basically he was saying it's not a gen?

Sent from my MB860

go for the ETA clone, if time comes it needs service parts are abundant and is drop-in with real ETA movement. i have the sub-c like the one from josh in ETA 2836 clone movement, keeps perfect time and is fairly good as it is. i know the sub-c has flaws but what the hell, i like the feel of the watch. it gets more wrist time (the sub-c) than my 1680 rep from josh