When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Expert Opinions Appreciated

Everythingape

Ok, this one baffled me a little bit.. This is a store with over 2000 sales and good feedback..

I have been watching a Panerai 111h with a long story about how they had the movement changed and all. This Panerai looks real to me, but I am not sure.

Panerai

Then I see this; An Omega Seamster GMT, a watch I have seen a lot of, and I own a rep of.. Same story with this watch, movement swap and bla bla bla.. But the bezel insert is not aligned, the He-valve is not where it should be and the bezel pearl looks a bit off.

Am I being paranoid here, Omegas look like this?

Seamaster GMT

Ok The GMT is a rep and going on that basis I will guess the Pam is too (I'm not good enough to pick that) I think the catch here is that the seller has built up 2000 feedback through the sale of Pop art (nickle and dime stuff) so now they are well respected they can slip ina few reps and make real money. <_<

Ken

The same seller had a Orange P/O up a few weeks back with same story of "not keeping good time... replaced the movement with ETA"... It was obvious 4th gen though... nice overall, but the hands were visibly too short... exact match to my 4th gen 42.5mm one.

I sent the seller a message asking how much extra to get the original movement included... and he stated they threw the old calibre away as unrepairable... WTF?, outside is flawless new watch but movement is damaged beyond repair?... sent a message back calling him on the fake and never got a reply.

• 2 weeks later...