When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

normal for lume to fade in seconds?

Define normal.

My watches with SuperLuminova will generally hold a strong glow when coming in from outside, walking to my elevator, and riding it up a half a dozen floors. Realistically, that total time is probably a minute to a minute and a half. It will continue to dimly glow throughout the night where your adjusted eyes can generally make it out in a dark room.

My watches with regular Lume, rep or gen, will only glow strong for maybe 30 seconds tops. They will still provide some night visibility with adjusted eyes.

Unless you have Tritium / Tritium Tubes, it is in fact normal for light activated lume to be pretty much unnoticeable in a non-darkend room after a charge.

I charged my lume in direct sunlight for about 1 minute (through a window, not being outside in the sunlight). I then walked into a pitch black dark closet and tested the lume intensity. It does glow very brightly but begins to fade within seconds. After about 1.5 to 2 minutes, I cannot tell the time anymore

Then the lume is very week.

A relume is an option but it depends on what you want to psent and on how complicated the dial is.

On a complicated dial there are only a few members who can do it properly.

Carpe Diem

Cats