When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Rubens Barrichello

Hello,

new to this site, I wanted to confirm that Andrew is an excellent seller ! :1a:

I bought a Audemars Piguet Rubens Barrichello, after ordering, a week after I received my purchase.

In addition Andrew hasresponded each time to my emails quickly to answer my questions. Again, congratulations. thank you

pics or BAN !

Why on earth would we ban a member for not posting pics? This is not a sales thread. He is sharing his experience with Andrew on a purchase of a watch. Yes, pics are always helpful, but not necessary in this case.

you need a face-plate mod... And so do i.... and all the RBII owners on the forum....!

the face-plate is a dead give away....

almost got caught and it was really embarrassing....!

I have an RBII without the face plate mod and I don't think it's that big of a tell. The gen is a $60k+ watch ($120k for the blue version). I doubt many people out there have seen the gen or noticed that you can see the gears behind the dial. And besides, the person would have to be inches from your wrist to notice that you can't see the gears.

Edited by marblegranite

I have an RBII without the face plate mod and I don't think it's that big of a tell. The gen is a $60k+ watch ($120k for the blue version). I doubt many people out there have seen the gen or noticed that you can see the gears behind the dial. And besides, the person would have to be inches from your wrist to notice that you can't see the gears.

thx for the info..where did you get the mod done mate?

greek - my rep doesn't have the plate mod. This is my opinion based on the threads I read as part of my research and on my experience so far owning this rep.

Oh sorry I read it as " I have a RBII WITH face plate mod" Yeah you are right .. But to be honest that mod for me is more for personal satisfaction than anything else... it does bring the watch way closer to Gen ... I really want the mod :)

Before I ordered my RBII I contacted several modders and also the non-modders that had done the mod to their own watch. I wasn't able to find anyone that would do it. Now I feel better about not having this mod but if the opportunity came up to do it I would seriously consider. Let me know if you ever find anyone. I'll do the same. :)