When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM005 stopped working :|

MapsMoney

hey guys, I got a Pam 005 Noob from Mary, perfect piece.. awesome..

Out of no where when I wound it up one morning, it just didn't work anymore..

No ticking, nothing.. just doesnt move.

it's all the way wound up also

I tried palm slapping over and over, still nothing

Should I sell it as is or try and get someone to fix it ? It's useless now!

How long have you owned it? You have two choices ... have it serviced in the US at a trusted watch technician or send it back to China to be fixed there for free, plus postage.

Keep in mind that mechanical watches need to be serviced every 3 to 5 years anyway, so it's something which we come to expect.

This pam watch use an asian clone of a classic workhorse, the 6497. These are a fairly simple model and friendly to assemble and service. I concider the good asian clones, made by Seagull, properly oiled almost/just as good as the swiss. Though some of the asian clones are of a lower grade, more prone to be trouble. Sometimes it's simple fix, a screw that has loosened similar, sometimes they assemble these movements very bad. And never oil. Sometimes the lower grades have more difficult problems, construction flaws. I don't know what's is being used in your 005, here is your alternatives:

1. Get someone to service your movement, risk is though you have a lower grade asian. These can be no trouble, but they can also be problematic,

2. ... So safest bet is to get a new seagull sg-36, fi from Helenarou, and ask someone to oil and install it for you and you are good to go for a long time. 005 has closed caseback, no worries to use a nonengraved movement.

• 3 months later...

crap I just bought myself a PAM005 N Noob Best Edition with Asian 6497 from puretime...

How do I know that I have that movement and that it works properly?

This is my first rep and I already feel sacked reading this post.

Any idea if those rep PAM005's are waterproof? Can you swim with it? (no diving)