When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

www.repwiki.info

drury

logo.png

The other day I posted a thread about opening a wiki for the rep community.

I think it's one of the things the community's really lacking and it'll make life a lot easier for Noobs and Veterans alike. (It could mean an end to hours of searching and hundreds of frustrating dead links.)

I did not get a lot of response, but I took the initiative anyway and started this little experiment:

www.repwiki.info

I have made a few entries already and will continue doing so for a while. I'd be glad if some of you took the time to share a bit of knowledge and write a little article. The more, the merrier.

Also, if someone thinks this is a genuinely good idea and would like to volunteer as a Moderator, please shoot me a PM.

A member was concerned about revealing too much information to the public and while I absolutely disagree with keeping information from anyone, in some cases I admit it makes sense (trusted dealers list, etc.).

Therefore I have chosen Mindtouch as a platform, meaning certain pages can be hidden from the public and made available only to forum users.

Please let me hear some feedback.

Cheers, Tim

I like it Tim, It's good to have all the info compiled and set up in a nice concise format. At first I wondered about putting rep info in the public domain, but tbh, anyone who really wants to go looking for info on reps has all the forum info and forumite thoughts available to him/her anyway with a quick google search, so I don't believe it is too much of a bother. Reps aren't exactly 'underground' anymore at least not as we would like to think. It is still a good idea to keep sensitive info like dealers or modding info out of easy access and you've done just that. It would also be nice to see it updated and kept afresh, but I would imagine that would be difficult work, good work either way!

I like it Tim, It's good to have all the info compiled and set up in a nice concise format. At first I wondered about putting rep info in the public domain, but tbh, anyone who really wants to go looking for info on reps has all the forum info and forumite thoughts available to him/her anyway with a quick google search, so I don't believe it is too much of a bother. Reps aren't exactly 'underground' anymore at least not as we would like to think. It is still a good idea to keep sensitive info like dealers or modding info out of easy access and you've done just that. It would also be nice to see it updated and kept afresh, but I would imagine that would be difficult work, good work either way!

Thanks for the support!

That's the idea about a wiki, anyone can contribute. Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic here, but if everyone just jotted down something he knew (which really isn't much effort), or corrected something wrong, we'd have a nice, up to date compendium.

Why don't you give it a try? ;)

• 2 weeks later...