When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valjoux 7753

panerailord

You mean your chrono doesn't reset to zero when you push the 4:00 pusher?

I had a watch taht didn't reset right once... pulled the crown one notch, pushed bottom pusher and each time advanced the chrono second 1 notch... not sure if this is bad for the watch though... seems like it would be... worked for me though.

lol, i must of read it wrong, yeah i agree with logan , probably need the hand to be repositioned and in some cases epoxied in place so it will not move again , just depends on the watch and how snappy it is when resetting

joe

You mean your chrono doesn't reset to zero when you push the 4:00 pusher?

I had a watch taht didn't reset right once... pulled the crown one notch, pushed bottom pusher and each time advanced the chrono second 1 notch... not sure if this is bad for the watch though... seems like it would be... worked for me though.

That is for a quartz movt - if the hand has not reset to zero on a Valjoux then the hand is either slipping on it's hand tube (not unusual for the rep hands on the chrono PAM's) or the hand needs repositioning properly. Most likely the hand is slipping so it needs removing and fixing with epoxy on it's underside. The Zigmeister has a tutorial about this in his The Zigmeisterzone.

That is for a quartz movt - if the hand has not reset to zero on a Valjoux then the hand is either slipping on it's hand tube (not unusual for the rep hands on the chrono PAM's) or the hand needs repositioning properly. Most likely the hand is slipping so it needs removing and fixing with epoxy on it's underside. The Zigmeister has a tutorial about this in his The Zigmeisterzone.

Perfect timing. My 7753 196 just slipped its chrono second hand. It's reset at 2-sec instead of at 0-sec. Glue time it is, then. :blink: