When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best rep of all times? And the winner is... wait for it... Noob 111 and Ploprof v2!

slask111

Best rep ever!  

139 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best rep of all times?

• Ebel 1911
    • Cartier Santos 100
    • Panerai n00b 111 (2012)
    • Breitling Steelfish v2
    • Tag link chrono
    • AP diver v3
    • Hublot v6
    • IWC 3717
    • TC Sub (2012)
    • WM9 V2
    • Panerai n00b 029
    • Panerai n00b 326
    • Panerai H-maker 390
    • Panerai 288k
    • Rolex Explorer I 36mm
    • Breitling Chrono Avenger (2004)
    • Omega SMP chrono (old model)
    • Breitling Skyland v2
    • Chopard GTXXL Chrono
    • Omega Speedmaster Date
  2. 2. What is the best rep of all times?

• Omega Ploprof V2
    • Sinn U1
    • Hublot Diver 4000m

DSCN0008.jpg

I think the Panda 1911 is better than the black version (and I have the gen of that). The only thing is the pushers are a bit long and the finish is slightly better

on the gens. Both minor, especially considering the watch costs $250 vs. $4500 list for the gens. I got very lucky and was able to pick up one for $1200 @

Overstock.com during a crazy holiday sale several years ago. I doubt that they will repeat that.

Why aren't you just buying a gen dial on ebay for less than $100 ??

Penny just dropped for me on this JKay...i think you are spot on...this is probably the best way to go... although at the moment...there aren't any under £300 on ebay, unless of course you fancy having your gonads squeezed by the ebay seller going by the name "threegoldbrothers"

How about the H Factory N series PAM 000? Here are some photos for your consideration

Wow that CG looks great. I need one of thoose for my h-maker ;)

The noob is considered the best pams atm. But i will easy add the h-maker if that is the concensus ;)

I think the Panda 1911 is better than the black version (and I have the gen of that). The only thing is the pushers are a bit long and the finish is slightly better

on the gens. Both minor, especially considering the watch costs $250 vs. $4500 list for the gens. I got very lucky and was able to pick up one for $1200 @

Overstock.com during a crazy holiday sale several years ago. I doubt that they will repeat that.

Love both the panda and the black one (look at my sig ;)). But dont both have the issue with to big pushers?

Penny just dropped for me on this JKay...i think you are spot on...this is probably the best way to go... although at the moment...there aren't any under £300 on ebay, unless of course you fancy having your gonads squeezed by the ebay seller going by the name "threegoldbrothers"

The ebay seller named Toumii has been selling factory second FM dials for years now. I have 5 or 6 from her. She starts her auctions at $15 and I have never paid more than $80 for a FM Crazy hours with small blemishes in the lume.

I know she has a gray Crazy curvex dial on the bay right now.

Those threegoldbrothers bastards sell the same blemished dials for full retail price. what pricks.

4409d58c-b0c0-ec7a.jpg

The ebay seller named Toumii has been selling factory second FM dials for years now. I have 5 or 6 from her. She starts her auctions at $15 and I have never paid more than $80 for a FM Crazy hours with small blemishes in the lume.

I know she has a gray Crazy curvex dial on the bay right now.

Those threegoldbrothers bastards sell the same blemished dials for full retail price. what [censored].

4409d58c-b0c0-ec7a.jpg

Thanks Jkay.. will keep my eyes open for her listings

Not easy, but is in the lead.. for now

I love that Ebel, its just a great watch (wearing mine now as a tribute).

I'm actually a bit surprised that Ebel is leading for now. Considering the large fan base brands like Rolex and Panerai have here on RWG, one would think that 1911 would not be even considered.

I'm actually a bit surprised that Ebel is leading for now. Considering the large fan base brands like Rolex and Panerai have here on RWG, one would think that 1911 would not be even considered.

I have to agree with you. When it came out it didnt make all that fuss. But it seems it gets better over the years. I bought mine in 2008 and the only one that talked about it was By-Tor. But its a small brand, im so happy i own one now.

I have to agree with you. When it came out it didnt make all that fuss. But it seems it gets better over the years. I bought mine in 2008 and the only one that talked about it was By-Tor. But its a small brand, im so happy i own one now.

I actually only picked one up recently, which is shame as I'd been rereading bytors review on them for ages, when I received it I was expecting a good rep, but was really pleasantly surprised at just how good it looks in the flesh. Great rep, understated and goes amazingly well on the rubber strap.

fk2xz8.jpg

The Omega Proplof is doing well in the poll, its a shame that one of Omegas most ugly watches is probably the best repped omega of them all :D

I am too lazy to re-read this thread but if it hasn't been already suggested I would probably add the Hublot Diver. The weight is off due to substituting ss for TI on the inner body but aesthetically it is a truly great rep. Other than to an AD I would wear that watch anywhere. I ran into a guy wearing a gen at a polo type event (what better place). He had a slightly different version but we looked at each others wrists pretty closely and his only comment was "nice to see another member of the club". He had the carbon fiber version and I can't imagine what he paid for his. So I nominate that one (if it hasn't been already).

I am too lazy to re-read this thread but if it hasn't been already suggested I would probably add the Hublot Diver. The weight is off due to substituting ss for TI on the inner body but aesthetically it is a truly great rep. Other than to an AD I would wear that watch anywhere. I ran into a guy wearing a gen at a polo type event (what better place). He had a slightly different version but we looked at each others wrists pretty closely and his only comment was "nice to see another member of the club". He had the carbon fiber version and I can't imagine what he paid for his. So I nominate that one (if it hasn't been already).

I ordered a Hublot diver because of your statements. I'm guessing he paid close to $25k for his!!! Makes me feel good about mine, that will be here shortly along with AP V3!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i decided that i would name the Ebel as the best rep of all times ( i am the op so shushhh ) :)

Its a great rep. I have had mine since -08 and still wear it as a daily beater. Im happy it won.. its proof i have good taste ;)

Anyway this was fun. I will post another thread like this in three years time and se if anything have changed.

Btw you can STILL get the Ebel 1911 at some dealers. If i were you i would get it while it lasts.