When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver - accept or reject?

Hi, I just got my AP diver QC pics, and needed some fresh eyes on this. I think the bezel markers are slightly off, but would like to get the views of other users who are more familiar with this watch.

Also do the screws look properly set and countersunk to you? Cant tell if its the angle, or if theres something off about the watch.

Thanks!

post-15250-0-01481500-1338034435_thumb.j

post-15250-0-67473300-1338034495_thumb.j

post-15250-0-86001400-1338034582_thumb.j

post-15250-0-40172300-1338034620_thumb.j

post-15250-0-39710900-1338034648_thumb.j

post-15250-0-17732300-1338034684_thumb.j

post-15250-0-49086000-1338034707_thumb.j

The markers do look a little off but that may be an easy fix as the inner bezel may not be correctly aligned (12 seems slightly off as well, so it may just need a little turn)...

Screws are not too bad...

much much better than the one I just rejected (below)...

:)

post-18710-0-11484600-1338035573_thumb.j

Looks good to me

Under close up macro inspection the bezel lume minor imperfections show but that is true on all of these v3 watches

Not seeing any issue with mis alignment and anything with the screw heads seems easy enough to fix (and I don't see anything to begin with)

Looks good to me

Under close up macro inspection the bezel lume minor imperfections show but that is true on all of these v3 watches

Not seeing any issue with mis alignment and anything with the screw heads seems easy enough to fix (and I don't see anything to begin with)

The inner bezel markers dont line up right with the dial markers. They seem to be off by 1mm. The inner bezel itself is fine, but the alignment is slightly off. Was looking at some other pics on the forum, and this isnt true for all V3s...

The lume imperfections I know are to be expected with this particular model, and I'm not fixating on that (esp as none of the numbers are blurry)

Inclined to agree after looking at it again that any screw misalignment is too minor to be bothered with.

When people say screws are in the wrong direction what are they referring to? if the complaint is that the screws don't have a properly centered cut I understand that. I have never understood why the cuts aren't perfectly centered. That is not rocket science. On the level screws (above or below the rim of the bezel) it cuts both ways on the gens. They are not all at the same level as it depends how much the smith tightened the screws to ensure sealing out the elements. Although I do have to say that most in the boutique start with the screws slightly below the bezel plane. I always assumed it was to protect the white good screws which are obviously softer than the SS.

When people say screws are in the wrong direction what are they referring to? if the complaint is that the screws don't have a properly centered cut I understand that. I have never understood why the cuts aren't perfectly centered. That is not rocket science. On the level screws (above or below the rim of the bezel) it cuts both ways on the gens. They are not all at the same level as it depends how much the smith tightened the screws to ensure sealing out the elements. Although I do have to say that most in the boutique start with the screws slightly below the bezel plane. I always assumed it was to protect the white good screws which are obviously softer than the SS.

I was referring to the direction of each individual screw - if you were to connect the cuts, they should form a circle. that having been said, I think I might be seeing things on that front. The inner bezel still bugs me though since its not perfect...still, its a rep...Will think about it over the day, see more feedback, and make the final decision accordingly.

img03491.jpg

Need some extra eyes to give me feedback on this qc pic. The bezel screws look to be all misaligned. Is this easy to fix? The lume on 5 looks sloppy. Should I reject or keep?

The only screw that seems off *might* be the 4. From my own pics, I realized that angles can be deceiving.

Yeah your right the bezel alignment can be deceiving from the angle you look at it, I think its the way it curves up the side. Thats what I noticed from my v2. What's your decision on accepting yours or not? These macro images magnify the smallest details and when its on your wrist you won't even notice them, but if your like me some niggling thing will always stick with you and will never be completely satisfied!

To be honest, I don't see too big a problem on the alignment of bezel screws, they all are positioned in the correct direction. I trust the feeling of misalignment is the opening and the hex screws don't have the perfect fit, there are gaps in between. In the gen, you will see the screw will fit perfectly tight around the cutting - no even a fine hair can get thro'. This issue is common on all the ROO's, and the Silver Theme is particularly serious.

This needs an extremely accurate machining to cut the holes to the exact size of the screw to give a perfect fit. Afterall, it is only a rep, we can't expect the same level od Swiss craftmanship, right?

Coming to the inner bezel, it now seems to be the common problem in the V3 as quite a number of other memebers are encountering the same already. The only way to get it right is the factory just throw these damn defective inner bezels away, and correct all the assemblies with the properly aligned inner bezels.

I think Puretime should now step in and get the whole mess rectified.