When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub's from different era's

devilva

The old and the new...

oldandnew.jpg

wrist6538.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for the help that I received on the forum in regards to the vintage builds that PB did for me. I have 4 in total but still have some minor adjusting going on with them (found the 7206 sizing to be annoying) so here is one with the insert done and popped in. Is there any way to do some micro positioning with dials? Ive found a few to be a couple of millimeters lopsided and I know PB said he had to re position the dial feet to accommodate the NDT dials with the ETA's.. but looking at a slanted dial is starting to bug me. Just wondering if they can be straightened or im pretty much screwed?

To straighten the dial, simply de-case the movement and remove the dial from the movement, then replace the crown stem in the movement. Clip or snap off the dial feet, then use a few 4mmx4mm squares of double sided tape to fix the dial to the movement, lining up the 15 minute marker with the line of the crown stem. As long as you're comfortable with doing this, it should take no more than 5-10 minutes to do, and the dial will be straight :) I've done this with several watches, using decent quality tape, and never had an issue of slippage :)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

To straighten the dial, simply de-case the movement and remove the dial from the movement, then replace the crown stem in the movement. Clip or snap off the dial feet, then use a few 4mmx4mm squares of double sided tape to fix the dial to the movement, lining up the 15 minute marker with the line of the crown stem. As long as you're comfortable with doing this, it should take no more than 5-10 minutes to do, and the dial will be straight :) I've done this with several watches, using decent quality tape, and never had an issue of slippage :)

Take it from this man! Great info here!

Thanks TeeJay. Sounds like a bit of a challenge but unfortunately they cant be left as is. This is going to be interesting...

Thanks TeeJay. Sounds like a bit of a challenge but unfortunately they cant be left as is. This is going to be interesting...

No worries, it's more of a challenge to descrbe the procedure than it actually is to carry out :good::drinks: But as you say, it can't be left as is, and with the dial feet in the wrong position for your movement, they're no good to man nor beast, so no need to feel bad about snapping them off :D