When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

any way to put a swiss movement in a BP

mikolee

Guys been wanting the BP for so long but only think holding me back are the movements.

why is it that the TGs and 3717s can be fitted with swiss movements while the BP cannot?

if im really desperate might even pull the trigger on a gen movemnet if i can source one out!

Has anyone stated that it's impossible? Most asians have eta counterparts afaik, although hands might need broaching etc... Isn't it rather so that the TG and 3717 are "more 1:1" reps and thus more inspiring for people to order with upgraded movements?

Has anyone stated that it's impossible? Most asians have eta counterparts afaik, although hands might need broaching etc... Isn't it rather so that the TG and 3717 are "more 1:1" reps and thus more inspiring for people to order with upgraded movements?

even my watchmakers who do all my mods and supply most of my movements say its easier said than done.

i would think the concepta route would be the only option. has anyone here been successful? id like to know.

Ditto the only movement that will replace the rep one is a gen one, and if yoz do that you may as well get a dial and hands then you may as well look for a gen,

your question about TGs and 3717 well they use 7750 movements that we can get at almost sensible prices, but a gen inhouse PB movement and sensible prices just dont go toghter!

I am not convinced that the gen movement will necessarily fit in a rep case. You would certainly require a new movement ring and it is possible you would need to redrill the crown hole. And no there is no ETA equivalent with the power reserve and date in the same place and even close to the same dimensions.

The lume on mine was not even in color. a little yellow/orange on the dial indexes and white on the hands. Give the BP a good relume and you are done. The AR is fantastic and the recessed date not that bad at all.

78985017.jpg

59e32a09.jpg

That's too beautiful. Nice!