When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question: BK DSSD

Luizin2004

just bought mine from a member here on the board, Swam with it, took my shower with it, slept with it... can't take it off. From the pictures, looks pretty close to the real thing but never had the chance to compare side by side with a gen. I know, regardless if there are some differences, that it looks and feels like a gen Rolex. It's as good as it gets in my book. Even the metalic hands, that I usualy flee like the plague because of poor finishing and deburing are perfect and have an even shinny finish. Engravings are fine and crisp, the bezel is extremely attractive and shoots shades of graying silver and dark graphite depending on the lighting and angle. The pearl is good, probably not as impressive in person next to the gen, but hey, at a 9500$ price difference with the gen, you can nag me as much as you want...

To me, it's worth every penny

4f201778.jpg?t=1338408775

4a30e993.jpg?t=1338408845

871a65c0.jpg?t=1338225463

f33bfb8c.jpg?t=1338408810

Edited by montrealer08

Bert's DSSD Noob is one hell of a super rep...scary close to the genuine!

The built, fir and finish is scrary and the clasp weight water resiatance, datewheel is impressive with a reliable guranteed and accurate swiss movement. It is a NO BRAINER

Here"s mine but i did find it too heavy for my taste, an impressive watch to say the least. A member on Repgeek did a direct comparaison with his geuine and it was overwhelming how close it was...unless you are a die hard geek or gen owner who knows excatly what to look for upon extreme close inspection...i would challenge anyone to tell them apart from normal viewing disctance, even the engraving on the back is superb

dssd1.jpg

dssd2.jpg

dssd3.jpg

dssd7.jpg

dssd6.jpg

dssd5.jpg

i got mine today and its pretty good few things im now sure about like the clasp of the bracelet have a noob one coming for a friend so i will compare and see if its worth the extra

really reading his adverts i always thought he put a swiss eta version in them in that case i feel pretty let down this is my second bk watch and always thought he did more to them guess i was wrong

I was so happy to see the noob DSSD finally got the upgrades I want that I feel comfortable carrying it again.

Specs:

noobfactory DSSD, serial number is M646829 or V646829.

- latest version of bezel insert i.e. it has centered "10", larger, whiter, bolder numbers than v3's and v4's

- my custom datewheel overlay which has the correct font size and font style esp. 3, 2. The noob dw overlay has oversized font and wrong font style. Alignment of many dates on the noob dw overlay is wrong too, e.g. 21, 31, 19, etc.

- guaranteed genuine ETA 2836-2 (commonly called Swiss ETA 2836-2 by other dealers) OR Swiss Sellita SW-220

- fully press in the crystal and even it to maximize WR. **NEW: my own better, more expensive (at least 3x more, not the cheap PE gasket that the noobfactory uses) crystal gasket that doesn't "hair out" when fully pressed in.

- line up the 12 o'clock marker to the engraved coronent on the rehaut engraving. Again the factory often leave them misaligned.

- $450+shipping

Yes ... installs his awesome date wheel overlay, and more strict QC checks. The Swiss ETA is in there from the factory.

Modding is an expensive proposition. You're buying a lightly modded watch. Keep in mind he has to disassemble the thing to put in that date wheel ;)

The cost has to be justified by you, in your own mind. Modding is very personal, and the amount you are willing to spend is up to you

i do think most of it is worth it i have his blue sub and and its on my wrist almost everyday

all the other Rolex i have from josh are ok but im modding most if not all of them and its def not cheap