When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sorry but...which internet replica dealers are any good?

hotrod

Hi folks,

Apologies as I am sure the answer to my question is out there, I just could not find it!

I am looking for a good build quality Omega Seamaster replica, something like a Planet Ocean for less than US$150. It has to look and feel good and keep good time, but not necesarily be an exact replica.

What I am after is a handful of proven sites which I could buy from with confidence.

Cheers Guys

Hotrod

Since the price of swiss movements started to increase last year, you can't even buy *just a bare movement* at watch parts store anymore for less than $160 USD.

For $150 or less, you are going to be buying a Chinese 21 jewel movement, which is perfectly fine but has a difference in quality which you can feel when you wind it or observe it's ticking seconds hand.

You can have a very good Planet Ocean for around $100 with Asian 21 jewel movement. I'll look one up for you and edit this post when I find one.

OK so here is a 42mm Planet Ocean replica from a trusted dealer here .. unfortunately his listing for this particular watch is over on another replica watch forum named RWI ...

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/103-omega-po-103852.html

What I am after is a handful of proven sites which I could buy from with confidence.

It depends what you mean by confidence! The trusted dealers listed on this site are trusted in the sense that they are known to forum members, and generally have a reputation of being reliable with fair prices. That isn't to say that there aren't other perfectly good web sites out there, but there are also a lot of scam sites purporting to sell reps - and it can be hard to tell the difference. So you are probably best advised to stick to the TDs. However, do be aware of what you are getting into. You can't use the phrase "buy from with confidence" in the way that you could were you to order a gen Seiko from Amazon. The rep business is illegal - at least for the dealers. This means that you are taking a risk when you order a rep. Dealers could, and sometimes do, suddenly disappear for all sorts of reasons - possibly taking customers money with them. Watches can be seized by customs and never heard of again. You won't have a warranty - if something goes wrong, the TDs will usually try to help you, but they are under no obligation to do so and you have no legal recourse if they don't. I'm not trying to put you off ordering your rep - most people who do so through a TD have a very good experience, but do be aware that "confidence" is a relative term.

Personally, I prefer to buy watches in person, but I'm lucky and I live in Asia where there are backstreet shops, if you know where to go, where you can get reasonable reps. That way you can see what you are getting before you part with any money. Assuming that you want to or have to order over the Internet, then TDs are the lowest risk way to go.

BTW, you might like to have a look at this PO from Trusty - it looks as though it fits your requirements nicely.

Are you in North America? WBK is one of the only (the only??) trusted dealers in North America. He only carries Asian 21j watches but that is your price range, and he stands behind his goods. And you save 50$ shipping fee :)

Narikaa is based out of the UK. He is a smaller dealer (one man operation) but has years of proven honesty.

He flies to Asia and hand pics his stock. Here's his email - narikaa@gmail.com

And hey ... Narikaa has a famous line of 45 and 42 mm Planet Ocean A21j replicas. I think that they are 68 GBP each.