When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help/suggestions for condensation in crystal

Cathman

It's listed a an IWC blue hands. Will not let me post link yet :(. Says saint expurey on back. Looks like a pilot series. Has working power reserve , date, and sub seconds dial (think that's what it called). Anyway...

So I bought my first rep (link above). Love the watch. Everything functions correctly. The other day I finally wore it for a while but noticed that there is what appears to be condensation inside the crystal. Starts dead center and expands if I keep wearing.

So I'm wondering if there is something I can do to fix this. It is easily noticed and I would love to solve the issue. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. New to this so go easy please lol.

That means water entered the case. There are 3 possible entry points: the case back, crown or crystal. One or more entry points aren't sealed correctly and therefore are allowing water to come into the case. It could be a numerous of things. Maybe a tiny amount creeped in via the crown after washing your hands, or it entered via the case back when sweating, raindrops on crystal...... You name it and it is possible. You need to get the watch to a watchmaker asap so he can remove the movement and get the moisture out. If you are lucky the watch will not die! But moisture in a mechanical watch is almost always a dead sentence.

So my question is what can i do to fix this? It happens when i put it on, and goes away shortly after i take it off. So I would think its something not sealed well. Maybe i could take it apart and fix the seal issues. My question, being i am new and trying to learn, are how or what do you use to do this. I know how to get the case back off. Guessing these should be a seal. If it is entering around the crown (thats the winder/adjuster) do you just oil that area? Is there a seal there? Educate me please or point me in the right direction lol.....i like to read and learn.

Thanks in advance.