When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken Navitimer, Help Wanted

$bill

I have a replica Navitimer which I received as a gift. I like it very much, but unfortunately I've had some problems with it. For starters, one of the number markers (from the three) has come off. It seems to be resting semi-permanently above the one.

What would you expect to pay in order to have this remedied?

IMG_1983.jpg

In addition, I fell a few months ago and the watch was broken in the fall. Actually, the bracelet was broken. I'm sure it can be fixed, but my question is, what would you expect to pay to have this fixed?

IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

In other words, is this worth pursuing, or is it likely the repairs will cost more than the watch is worth?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Here are the guts of the Navitimer. I have no tools other than a rubber ball, and searching for information turned up nothing of use. How to remove the stem, etc., and the movement, without breaking anything?

The movement reads "Miyota Co./Japan." The movement is a model OS20 (?).

Once the movement is out, what would one use to reglue the hour marker which came off?

IMG_1993.JPG

Edited by $bill

Update: once I could see what movement the watch contained, I did some searching and figured out how to remove the stem. I got the movement out and just removed the detached hour marker. I have no confidence in my ability to repair that, so I thought it better to get it out.

It wasn't hard at all to get the movement out, and I'll see about getting a leather band. Thanks very much for the information; if you care to answer my question about external tells that reveal the quality of the watch, I'd be grateful.

Too, if anyone would care to suggest one or two good online sources that sell decent quality leather bands to the public, I'd be very grateful.

None of the subdials on a gen Navitimer like that one goes to 24.

Seriously, there are too many tells to easily list. That watch is just not close at all. Nothing wrong with it, it's a quartz rep and if you like it fine, but it simply cannot be make more accurate.