When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mod suggestions 16610 Sub?

Mike on a bike

It has a Maxi dial and hands: The 16610 should not have those, and the caseback looks a bit off, although I can't put my finger on what... :g: The gen 16610 does not have AR of any kind, so it's not a necessary addition. I have a similar watch (different source and different caseback) and to be honest, it's a fantastic beater :) I'm planning on converting mine into a 16800, but the simplest mod to make the above watch accurate, is to swap the bezel insert for a green one, then it would be accurate for the LV 50th aniversary edition :)

No worries :good::drinks: Lume (on mine) is okay (but nothing special) but it depends how important it is to you for it to really glow as to if you want it relumed or not :pardon: As for the insert swap, just a simple matter of popping out the original (depending on if you want to keep the original insert looking nice, depends on how gently you remove it :D ) and then sticking in the replacement :) Some of them have double-sided tape on the back to hold them in place, some folks use a varity of epoxies and glues to hold the inserts in place, it's pretty much a matter of personal preference :)

TeeJay thx again tracked down a few green bezels on e-bay some glue other snap in unsure of whch way to go maybe buy both and jerk around with snap first then if no go try glue one.

Happy to be of help :good::drinks: Sounds like a good plan, afterall, no need to glue the insert if it snaps securely into place :)

• Like 1

Wondering how to improve? Lume, AR coating? Bezel ? Movement ok with me not looking to go crazy just make visually more gen like.

Are you planning to do these mods yourself? If this is a project watch, then great - go for it. However, if you are intending to pay someone else to do this for you, then you could be looking at spending a fair chunk of change here. Is it really worth spending a lot on a $79 watch? The amount that you would spend could go a long way towards buying you a much more "gen like" sub. Something like a TC, even without mods, is as close as you can currently get to a gen without buying a gen. Your modded $79 watch is unlikely to ever get anywhere near that close.