When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A look at the Panerai 005 NV Rep.

lalalobster

Hey guys, I just received my Noob Factory PAM005 in the mail and I wanted to do a first impression review of this watch!

As with my review of the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Jumbo SS/SS White, I'm reviewing this rep not on the basis of accuracy compared to the gen, but just as a watch on its own.

Two weeks previous, I booked my flight for an overseas trip to visit my mother. I thought to myself Hmmm, what watch should I wear while overseas? (It appears that I seem to purchase watches whenever there's an upcoming event in my life :bangin: ).

So I looked around for a while and decided to get a Panerai! I hopped onto Andrew's website and placed an order for a Noob 005.

post-43158-0-61376500-1340043877_thumb.j

The Panerai 005 features a 44mm dial featuring sapphire crystal on a stainless steel case. At 15mm in thickness, this is not a small watch! With the leather strap in place, the watch weighs in at approximately 147.75 grams (or 5/16th of a pound). The watch is hefty and if my 6.5" wrist wasn't as flat as it is, I don't think I could wear this watch!

post-43158-0-32755000-1340043903_thumb.j

As I wrote in my Royal Oak Jumbo review, I'm a big fan of simple faces and the 005 is not an exception. The dial is uncluttered with hands indicating hour and minutes, with a sub-dial at the 9 o'clock position with a small hand indicating seconds. The watch utilizes a Asian 6497 Unitas hand wind movement. I've noticed that this watch is loud relatively to my other reps.

post-43158-0-08999900-1340043894_thumb.j

The 005 features a solid case back featuring Panerai's logo and engraved with other affects referencing Panerai's Italian roots (Firenze 1860! [Florence 1860]). When I ordered this watch, I assumed it would be engraved with an M serial however it actually came with an N serial.

post-43158-0-79798500-1340043898_thumb.j

The Luminor Marina (along with several other lines of Panerai) are designed with a very unique crown guard. This crown guard is composed of brushed steel unlike the polished steel of the rest of the case front.

post-43158-0-31549800-1340043907_thumb.j

The lume is one of the best features of this watch. It is bright with a green tint and this pictures does the brightness no justice.

post-43158-0-13435800-1340043882_thumb.j

Like I said previously, I have a small wrist however I don't feel it looks odd since my wrist is flat (do I have chicken wrists o.0?). The screw bars are easily removable using a small slot-type screw driver which makes the watch easily wearing dressed up or dressed down.

post-43158-0-76721000-1340043887_thumb.j

My 005 next to my Aviator World Cities.

Final Thoughts:

I'm beginning to understand why Paneristis are fans of the brand and I don't think this will be my last Panerai rep that I purchase. Before I go back to University in September, I will probably pick up a PAM 029 GMT

I hope guys enjoyed my first impression review. Happy Collecting!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing your impression, I have a 6.8" wrist and despite I'm attracted by the same PAM 005, I'm concerned it might be too big for me.

I have tried on a Black seal, I love the aestetic of the watch but it looked odd on me.

Or maybe it's just me not used to watches > 42mm. :)

Wear it well, it's a wonderful rep