When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which are the best 5517 ingredients esp. case?

mastersdom

Not to sound like a n00b. (Though I totally am one.)

What is the MBW case? I've looked around the forum and have never really found a simple answer.

Is MBW a person? Is it just a 5513 super case or are there lots of different MBW cases? I take it from the tones of hushed reverence used when speaking of it that it's no longer available.

• Like 1

Not to sound like a n00b. (Though I totally am one.)

What is the MBW case? I've looked around the forum and have never really found a simple answer.

Is MBW a person? Is it just a 5513 super case or are there lots of different MBW cases? I take it from the tones of hushed reverence used when speaking of it that it's no longer available.

LOL okay looks like an MBW case is out. Probably way too expensive anyway if Phong's is $1500 andYukiwatch's is $750.

The MBW is close but not perfect. The jewelry and watch case is supposed to be the best of the replicas.

How much do you want to spend? The BEST would be a gen 5513 case that you re-engrave and drill the lugs.

That is interesting. Thank you Lloyd. I have bought off Phong before. I am happy with $1500 if it is exceptional. Interesting about the 5513 case. There is one on Ebay right now!

MBWs are a little hard to find. They do come up in the sales forums as complete watches from time to time. Just keep your eyes on all three of the sales forums... seems to be four or five sell every three or four weeks. There's a dealer called Narikka that can source the new ones. I bought all of mine used through the forums. Your going to have to do some mods to any case you buy. 5517 has solid fixed bars. Yuki has dials and hands I believe. A cheaper option is Josh's 5513 as a base watch, you can buy those for 127$.

MBWs are a little hard to find. They do come up in the sales forums as complete watches from time to time. Just keep your eyes on all three of the sales forums... seems to be four or five sell every three or four weeks. There's a dealer called Narikka that can source the new ones. I bought all of mine used through the forums. Your going to have to do some mods to any case you buy. 5517 has solid fixed bars. Yuki has dials and hands I believe. A cheaper option is Josh's 5513 as a base watch, you can buy those for 127$.

Phong's and Yuki's have fixed bars. Not worried about the cost too much tho' sadly a real 5517 is out of the question :)

Looking like Phong's case at the moment.