When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer Assembly Instructions

redwatch

For the Navi builders out there, what is the installation order? I am really confused how this thing goes together. I noticed that underneath the slide rule there are three small screws holding the bezel/sliderule assembly down to the case. Is that supposed to be removed and is the movement/dial supposed to load in from the top?

Any direction or info would be greatly appreciated!!

Uhh... it goes together the same way it came apart... In the immortal words of the Haynes manual, "assembly is the reverse of removal."

Movement goes in the back.

Thanks for the tip, but I bought this in pieces and never disassembled it. It doesn't appear as though the dial fits thru the back so it seems unlikely that the movement and dial assembly goes in that way.

Thanks for the tip, but I bought this in pieces and never disassembled it. It doesn't appear as though the dial fits thru the back so it seems unlikely that the movement and dial assembly goes in that way.

I've never seen a front loading navi case. Can you post a pic?

Post pics Red. Are you sure all the pieces are from the original watch? Its not a gen dial is it?

Oh that's a good question. The dial I am playing with may very well be a gen. I got it as a part of the kit. That could explain the issue.

Oh that's a good question. The dial I am playing with may very well be a gen. I got it as a part of the kit. That could explain the issue.

Can w still see pics? Where did you get the kit I have been waiting for a decent one to come up FS.

That would be the obvious answer. The gen dial is about 1mm too big and needs to be shaved to fit.

Andrew, please sell me one of your Navis, your the Navitimer king.

Sorry guys. I am waiting for my camera battery to charge so I can snap some pics of the case set.

Come on Red. This is nothing like you. Posting a thread and not returning to it ;)

I finally found a gen 2892 movement with a DD Chrono module that fits my Navitimer Spatiographe dial. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but the biggest hurdle seems to have been overcome. ;) In the meantime, I have been playing with the case set with a few regular Navi dials, but it seems as though all the dials I have are gen. All of them are too big to fit through the case from the bottom.