When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinion on 16750 on ebay, is it a good buy_

cib0rgman

It looks pretty good. looks like it hasa scratch on the acrylic crystal, but you could probably polish that out with some plastic polish (polywatch). Nice thing about this one is it's local. If you have any fears, work out a deal to let one of youer local Rolex watchmakers open up the back and take a look. The seller is in Dallas, and I know there are a ton of good Rolex folks there, including the legendary Bob Ridley in Arlington. 3.5 K is a pretty decent price, you can look at the serial number and the clasp code and figure out if it's really from 1988. 1988 was the first year rolex went to a letter/number classification 1988 was R999999. 1987 was the last year for number only. Started at 9766000. Clasp code 1987 "L" 1988 "M". Rolex never published any information on numbers and codes. so al lthe information has come from Rolex addicts who researched the numbers and came up with the system. From this, the numbers and codes may be off a little. Also back in the 1980,s Rolex watches sometimes sat around in a Jewelers or watch store for a couple of years before being sold. Lots of examples on the Vintage Rolex Forum of punched papers being from a particular year, but the sales receipt and warranty card are signed a couple of years later.

All in all, I think this is a nice watch. I own a genuine 16750 from 1983 and it is a great watch. One of my all time favorites.