When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rlx Aftermarket Parts Source

rag9fx

Has anybody heard of Classicwatchparts.com based in HK? some of there aftermarket dials and bezel look OK - their GMT master bakelite insert looks great!- . Has anybody dealt with them b4 are they reputable ?

Cheers

Rob

Here's one of Michael's dials... Formerly installed on my MBW 1665.

146816-15528.jpg

146816-15529.jpg

146816-15530.jpg

146816-15531.jpg

146816-15532.jpg

146816-15533.jpg

Overall, quite nice. Dial is painted on a genuine Singer base; markers are lumed in a very slight dome. The fonts are a bit too exaggerated on the serifs, but still very sharp.

My old MBW dial is reinstalled on my watch, and my old MY dial was given to a friend for his watch. Overall, good product, but pricing may be on the higher end of the scale.

Thanks guys ...

I know i bumped into his site a while back ... i recently found him again while searching the e-bay Hong-Kong site. i did a quick search on this site after i posted and saw that people have had good results... especially with custom made hands and redails dials ... i wasn't aware that he made hands ( made to order) to fit eta mov'ts... since his site seems a bit anti-rep ( is this just a front?) . it seemed that he had a lot of pos feedback on here... it would be interesting to hear about your expierience chieftang .

Thanks guys ...

I know i bumped into his site a while back ... i recently found him again while searching the e-bay Hong-Kong site. i did a quick search on this site after i posted and saw that people have had good results... especially with custom made hands and redails dials ... i wasn't aware that he made hands ( made to order) to fit eta mov'ts... since his site seems a bit anti-rep ( is this just a front?) . it seemed that he had a lot of pos feedback on here... it would be interesting to hear about your expierience chieftang .

I emailed him inquiring about some stock, and he immediately emailed back saying he had what I was looking for. So I asked for price... Then I didn't hear back for about a week. So I emailed again asking for price. And a third time. He finally emails back having no clue what I'm talking about. Then about a month goes by, and I decide to drop him another email. He emails back saying he's doing great thanks for asking. LOL It was like a "Who's on first" skit. I finally gave up. :wounded1:

Chieftang, that sucks- thats made me a bit wary now - oh well - we'll see what happens. i dropped him an e-mail yesterday ... i understand that it normally takes a couple days b4 he gets back to ppl... so fingers crossed :pray: ... i am on a bit of a quest and hopefully he will give a soloution .