When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega DeWille hour vision

miziq

Yeah, there are some reps available, both cheaper and higher priced, I'm not so sure really how good they are in the flesh as I've never held one of the higher priced ones. On looks they are quite a nice looking rep but for the price $400+ dollars they need to be much much better. Of course it's impossible to get an accurate looking 8500 movement clone, .....lets see how well they do on the new ceramic Planet Ocean reps to see if they can decorate a movement somewhat similar to the 8500. The current rep below is flawed in more ways than are worth mentioning, the dial/dw/hands are all really poor for the asking price, reps have come on leaps and bounds since then but I'm not sure the factories see this watch as a real seller so I guess they are not be interested in giving us a true worthy $400 rep in the future. The ladymatic (ladies deville) rep is quite a good one so the potential is certainly there to improve things with this deville.

This is the current best:

1.jpg

7.jpg

Bytor writes about it quoted below (I don't know when this was written but at least 3 years ago, and his opinion on it is still rock solid)

Also toad does a fantastic review/preview here:

You may have seen them already but just including for reference.

Omega DeVille Hour Vision ETA/Asian

picture-2.jpg

This rep is a strange ride. There are several different versions from several different dealers. The price of this replica has raised a few eyebrows, and for good reason. What makes it special is that it has a transparent crystal sides on the lugs (as per genuine), which show the decorated movement. This, apparently, has been the reason why dealers thought they can charge anything between $400 and utterly ridiculous $600 for a standard ETA replica.

Genuine Hour Vision is a work of art, and there's no way you can make a mildly decorated ETA 2836-2 look anything like the genuine inhouse Co-Axial 8500. While we have to appreciate the noble effort of the rep factories, we can't understand the price, no matter how you look at it. Just like Pete Townshend said "We're not gonna take it".

UPDATE: There is another, much more reasonably priced rep version out. This new one has more accurate looking movement. It only comes with Asian movement.

Had one many moons ago - soon after it came out. As BT pointed out in his review, there were like 4 or so different versions all based on different movements. I had an 21j movement, wore it a few times, and parted with it. Its a nice dress watch, but at the time, wasnt something that i was wearing all that often. So, sold it.