When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Minty fresh or Gently Used

vlydog

Well, I know have all the parts for my 6263 build. I went a little nuts with gen parts on this one but what else is new.

I have thinking about having the case aged slightly.

I have always gone with everything minty fresh before. All the visible parts on this build are factory fresh.

Would having the case very gently aged to suit 25 years with one meticulous owner be a good idea?

Looking for your opinions please.

I have about a week to decide.

Thank you

They never came out of the factory with sharp edges so if your case is a bit to sharp then soften it, phong did it for mine. The watch looks perfect but he worked it to look like it came from rolex. Pics would help.

Phong.jpg

I always like my watches to look age appropriate.

I don't mean they have to be beaten up, but if my gen insert is faded and scratched, then I don't want my watch to look like freshly polished.

Soft edges, a small ding and dang - a few scratches on the CB from opening the watch and all is fine.

And afaik, you already have a few 62XX Daytonas right? So why not try out a new look?

How does your dial look?

Service dial?

Tropical touch?

This would factor in my decision.

Edited by Akira

I vote for factory fresh. If you could have bought a new one at the time, you probably would have, And you probably would have taken execellent care of it, so why not try to keep it as new looking as possible.

I take really good care of my watches, my bet is in 15 years my Gen. planet ocean will look nearly as good as it does today. I see no reason to age a watch if all your parts look factory fresh.