When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua And Paul's Seawolf: A Great Price Difference

warburg

I was about to order a Breitling Seawolf ETA for $308 plus a $25 shipping charge on Joshua's Perfect Clones web site when I made a quick check with Paul's Wo-Mart site and found the same model for $209 postpaid. The question is are these watches identical or is there a quality difference between Joshua's Seawolf and Paul's. :huh: I realize that with Joshua I would get better communication and probably speedier delivery, but would this justify a price difference of $124? :huh:

Edited by warburg

Ahh i was once in the same dilema.

I came to a conclusion that it may be the same watch or it may not. It varies greatly with paul's stock. Also some photos shown are stolen from other dealers, and he may send you a different watch.

Also you are paying a premium on the service. If the watch arrives scatched, broken, missing, wrong watch, most of the trusted dealers here will gladly offer you support.

For Paul, he sends watch, that is it.....

The extra you are paying is for a piece of mind. With Paul its a gamble. You may win and save 125 bucks or you may lose and have a 200 paper weight.

Let me say I am probably one of the few guys that bought the same watch at the same time from two different dealers to see if there was really any difference. Paul was one dealer because his price was so much less than any other dealer. I then picked out another regular dealer that I had done significant business with. The Explorer II's arrived about the same time. I was at first biased thinking that the more expensive watch must be of better quality. I paid significantly more - it must be better. After a few hours of close inspection I could see no difference between the two watches! Now, one year later both are still running like exact twins.

Now I am sure this is not true for every watch in a dealers collection. There are bound to be variables.

That said, I just received two GMT II's from Paul. I am again happy with my purchases. For me it was good price, good service, good product. Your actual results may vary, and in my experience, this is true for any dealer.

Ahh i was once in the same dilema.

I came to a conclusion that it may be the same watch or it may not. It varies greatly with paul's stock. Also some photos shown are stolen from other dealers, and he may send you a different watch.

Also you are paying a premium on the service. If the watch arrives scatched, broken, missing, wrong watch, most of the trusted dealers here will gladly offer you support.

For Paul, he sends watch, that is it.....

The extra you are paying is for a piece of mind. With Paul its a gamble. You may win and save 125 bucks or you may lose and have a 200 paper weight.

Paul is listed as a trusted dealer on this forum.

While it is not a good idea to use other dealers pics. The pic he "stole" was a generic factory pic. It just had trusty's watermark on it. Not the most moral thing to do. But not misleading, as they get some items from the same factory.

The watch I ordered from paul came exactly as described. I have read many reviews praising paul's after the sale sevice. I have also seen a couple of complaints.

I think you are safe ordering from any of the trusted dealers here. Including Paul.

As far as whether the watch is the same, e-mail paul, and josh and ask them. They will tell you the truth.

Robert

i have always had good service from josh and paul, and i dont know much about the seawolf, but usually with that big of a difference there is probably a difference , it may be a small one or a big one , i would probably ask joshua about it and see what he says , he usually knows why his is more in a case like this

joe

I cannot speak directly to this specific watch but in general they all come from the same suppliers. While super common models like a Submariner may have MANY different makers the more specialty watches tend to all come from one single source.

So, why the price difference? Well a lot of it boild down to volume and how much money the dealer feels he needs to make in order to make it worth while. Also, is he selling direct from a source or simply a middle man himself how has things dropped shipped and has to mark up already marked up prices.

A typical watch that we might spend $200 on costs absolutley no more than half that price if you bought it from the source in China and quite likely MUCH, MUCH less. In the watch markets I saw watches we would pay $300 for going for $50... that is without even negotiating the price down. So lets say one dealer buys a watch for $100 and sells it for $200, he is making a good profit. Another dealer may be buying the watch from a middle man for $175, he may feel the need to make more money due to lower volume or higher greed or what have you, that same exact watch may then be sold for $300... Much more for the same exact thing the first dealer had for $200 and COULD be had for $100 if you were in China.

One thing is for sure, money does NOT equate to quality ion the fake watch world.

Lastly, I am NOT talking about Paul or Joshua directly, I have ordered from NIETHER of them. This is just a general observation from my years of experience dealing with different dealers and the markets in China.

PaulMart will give you the same watch but every dealer offers something extra or different when you buy from them.

Choose your dealer first. Gee has that every been said before? :p

If you're a huge cheapskate like me than you will buy from paul.

If you examine your watches under a microscope and will ask to return the watch if the hour markers are .001mm off and expect a refund you will be better off buying from Josh.

There is no conspiracy here. Think of shopping at Ralph Lauren but then choosing to buy that same article of clothing from an outlet store at a considerably lower price.

You will get customer service from both places but I am sure the Ralph Lauren store will go above and beyond to make you happy.

The outlet store will try to make you happy with your purchase but are you going to get the red carpet treatment when you buy there?.....

make sense? or is this just a bunch of garbled rambling? :mellow: