When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new thoughts on a TW after owning a sean case :/

irolexu

that`s the problem sneed the position of being angled puts stress on the stem. Phisically the 2836 fits. I`ve tried fitting a couple in myself too....but the stems have had to be slightly bent downward.....right away this may not be an issue but in the long run ......It could be a problem.....

Doesn't a 2824 meet COSC standards where as the 2836-2 does not?

these ETA movements wouldmost likely meet COSC standards if tested. They are just as goodas a rolex movement ifnot better. A lot of gen watches from different manufacturers use the ETA range of movements in their watchs

From TC's blog referring to the 2824-2, "It comes with Canon #4 Pinion, which makes the hands height same to Rolex 3135 hands height. It eliminates the ugly factor all other replica Rolex looked "fake"."

hands sit higher with the high cannon, will you notice.....depends on how good your eyes are..

I was pulling the gen crystal out of the BK TW and my press cup gave way when pressing the stock TW crystal back on.

OUCH !!!!!

The press ball came through, smashed the crystal and jammed the hands. (actually the seconds hand gear was damaged...and after I got finished being an expert watchsmith the friggin' mvt. is toast..but I now know a little more.than I did before I started...and I may very well get that A-Clone 2836-2 working with the help of the levers from the keyless works of the TW mvt.....but who knows...:(

Here's my question....

Will the guts from a TC fit into a BK TW ??

I've been planning to drop a SA3135 and gen dial into the TC one day along with the gen bezel assembly....I'm hoping I can just use the TC guts in the TW...but I'm not an expert on this sort of thing.

Will it work....and if so what will be involved in doing the transplant ??

Also...regarding the primary topic of this thread......IMHO,

the TW is a very good Sub rep...great quality...attention to detail...and built by a master....BK IS INDEED a MASTER....

but comparing cases, no doubt the TC 16610 is a much better case and offers more (and easier) options to build a Super Franken.

CG's and crown height are notibly better on the TC.

KUDOS to BOTH BK and TC for bringing us the best and then better yet...we DO appreciate ALL you've done for the community.

I've never seen a Sean case...but I can't imagine it being any better overall than the TC

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the mishap. No pressing crystals with movement in next tim CT. I think the TC and BK TW cases are going to be ok for all bezel assemblies, but the movements may be the issue, depending on the movement you're currently using. TC sells his with the 2824-2 in mind.

E

TC is the best case, hands down. put in 2824 in tc case. 2836will fit but stem will be bent slightly. You do not want stress on stem......buy movement from TC ..........

Thanks guys.

You're right "E"...I should have uncased the mvt first :(

The TC is perfectly intact.

If I put the SA3135 with gen dial into the TC, will the TC 2824 (and TC dial) fit the TW case is what I'm needing to know.

The SA3135 is just a future planned project but if I do it I'll have the TC guts.....and am hoping they'll work in the BK TW :)

I would love to get my hands on a 3135 just to see what's going on there.

The 3135 height is listed as 6mm. The 3035 is listed as 6.3mm? The 3135 is NOT the same height as the 2824, yet the case is supposed to take the movement. TC copied post about the case and the gen 3135. That read, if you already have the 3135 with dial and hands and everything is kosher, the simplest and most logical/practical thing would be to transplant.

E

• 2 weeks later...
...I've never seen a Sean case...but I can't imagine it being any better overall than the TC

It is better, but only marginally. To most people they would look the same but having handled both I can tell you the Sean case is a tiny bit better. There's a fit and finish, especially inside the case, that the TC doesn't have. Not that the TC is at all bad, it's fantastic! The Sean case is just a little more fantastic...

I would love to get my hands on a 3135 just to see what's going on there.

The 3135 height is listed as 6mm. The 3035 is listed as 6.3mm? The 3135 is NOT the same height as the 2824, yet the case is supposed to take the movement. TC copied post about the case and the gen 3135. That read, if you already have the 3135 with dial and hands and everything is kosher, the simplest and most logical/practical thing would be to transplant.

E

The 3135 will be a little sloppy in the TC case but it will fit. The case is milled to accept a roughly gen-sized movement and a larger rep dial and TC's movement ring fits the 2824 into this space perfectly. The issue comes when trying to fit the TC guts into a case ACTUALLY made for a gen movement and dial like the Sean case or one of the sterile options. It can be done but both the dial and movement ring will have to be milled down to fit. Not an easy task unless you have the right tools. If you don't feel like milling a dial you could always glue a gen dial to a modified TC ring and call it a day. The nice part about this option is that it still uses the backwards screws like a gen movement and feels very secure...