When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Straps

Alright guys,

New to the rep game, and just about gettin my head in the door of ap! Looking at buying an ap roo secs@12, but was interested in getting a few different straps for it - I've heard good things about ap bands, but they seem quite expensive for just a rubber strap? Are there any other sites that offer similar for a bit less than that?

Cheers

If it is rubber straps you are heading for, you just might settle with the repstraps. The rubberstrap for the AP Diver, should be quite ok (it will even fit the other ROOs). If you are heading for leather straps, go for APBANDS. It is worth the extra cash, should be some leather straps available from about 130USD.

Remember the AP ROO is a watch that retails from 12-15000USD and up, it should be expected top notch straps on such. Anything cheap, it will be an easy tell for such an exlusive brand. Especially the fit on the lugs are difficult on this model, since it has these strap tabs that is fitted into a cut out area of the strap, it is quite difficult to make, compared to a regular strap for springbars, or screws, like Panerais.

Even the GEN owners buy from APSTRAPS, something worth mentioning. Figuring owners of 12000 + USD watches buying straps for just a fracton of the cost of their watch, should show the quality is good enough for GEN, and it still is reasonable even for REP owners. Since the REP is quite expensive as well (+450 USD), you have probably already passed a barrier regarding how much money you want to spend. Everything about the AP's are more complicated and expensive, than most other reps. You can obtain a great Rolex or Panerai rep for half that price. For these models, straps are cheaper and more easy.

Alright guys,

New to the rep game, and just about gettin my head in the door of ap! Looking at buying an ap roo secs@12, but was interested in getting a few different straps for it - I've heard good things about ap bands, but they seem quite expensive for just a rubber strap? Are there any other sites that offer similar for a bit less than that?

Cheers

Just curious, which model of ROO are you looking at, and any idea of the strap you want to fit on it? :)

... and please don´t forget to look for the following:

- rep straps from e.g. the Singapore GP, Montoya, TourAuto 2010, Rubberclad, Boutique Driver, ... all worth a look as they don´t look too rep!

- handmade straps from Aaron at HKTans.... good value for the buck, only the strap-attachment is rounded instead of edgy....no 100% fit

- handmade straps from ORLOFF straps, he uses plastic inlays for the strap attachment....that looks way better, prices are very reasonable, no hornback me thinks.

- Jabob has done some pretty nice stuff as well in the near past....never saw one of him in the flesh though

- look out for used gen straps on the bay and on the big, well-known watch forums.

good luck

Theo

Just curious, which model of ROO are you looking at, and any idea of the strap you want to fit on it? :)

Im looking at the blue themes, either:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/aap10004-royal-chronograph-ssss-blue-a7750-sec12-p-5454.html

Or,

http://www.1-pc8838.com/aap10005-royal-chronograph-ssss-whtblu-a7750-sec12-p-5455.html

At the AD (Authorised Dealer) you will get OEM rubber straps in black, white, blue, brown and .... thats it.

At APBands straps you will get rubber in creamy white, blue, black, red, yellow, orange and grey....good value.

At ORLOFF straps you´ll find rubberized leather, the straps look great and I think he can get you any standard color.

Theo