When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Stem for ETA 2846

panerai153

Guys, I've got a friend who is a hobby watch repair person. He was replacing the stem in a ETA 2846 movement, and somehow bent the stem. He has tried ordering the stem from several sources, but he keeps getting the stem on the right in the photo, which doesn't fit. the stem he bent is on the left in the photo. Even with my untrained poor eyesight, can tell that they are different.

Could anyone give me a source for the correct stem? I went to Ofrei and they were listed, but without a photo or drawing. I hesitate to order one for him without seeing it, because there stands to be a fair chance he would end up with one just like the one on the right, which he already has.

post-327-0-00246400-1342237895_thumb.jpg

I cant see one listed there for a 2846 but it is a usefull resorce.

i just looked at my supplyer and they list the 2801- 2836 2846 as being the same one which may be the case on newer ones but not on older ones, the solution is as i sad aboce of upgrade the sliding pinion and winding gear to a newer one

I'm pretty sure the one he's looking for is one for the 2671. I remember buying one like his for a 2846 from an eBay seller from Egypt but now I can't find the seller.

Also note from that web site:

"If you are unsure which stem you need - please do ask and we'll try and help you."

you may just have a point there, i have a book some where with compatibility of parts, but due to moving to a new house soon it is all packed and it would be quicker to maka stem from scratch for him than find the book