When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronopassion Fantasy

I have been wearing the AP Chronopassion fantasy I put together way too much lately and as a result the inevitable scratches on the bead blasting have appeared one by one. Someday I will find one to refinish it but until then I opted to add a beat up gen strap and go with a "Wellworn Traveler" look. See what you think.

DSCN0906.jpg

DSCN0904.jpg

DSCN0899.jpg

It is an old E series dial with small numbers which have long been discontinued. It was used in an ss, ti and even the King of Prussia (or something like that) bejewelled watch. I just love the vibrant blue against the gray. I also suspect AP won't be doing another sandblast case anytime soon. Every gen Chronopassion owner who wears it has to be unhappy. They have moved into carbon and other durable darker materials as has Panerai and others. I have even contemplated PVD'ing a case light grey as the finish would hold up better.

As this is a fantasy why don't you just brush the case and bezel? I really liked the brushed Ti when the incorrect V1 chronopassion was released. Also it would make future refinishing easy as it looks like that one gets a lot of wrist time, as it should!

• 2 years later...

Me really thinks that there has been a Titanium version of it : 25721TI.0.1000TI.02

This, there is a gen model.

I realize this is a really old thread, but - if you still have the watch:

I would personally love to see more detailed photos of the "imperfections/damage" after some use... Everyone talks about how easily this CP finish scratches, but upon searching the entire net, I really can't find many pictures, much evidence, proof, or documentation - gen or rep!

I too have owned the same finish on a CP and I am also guilty as I didn't take many photos of the watch showing what happens after some use, though I didn't own it for too terribly long either. I would say mine was still in relatively good shape...

Anyway, just thought it would be a great idea to have a collection of "used/worn bead blasted finish photos" on this forum here - for any future reference, and for people who may have the same question (as they undoubtedly will.) Thanks!