When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new 6265 minh dial arrived

cc33

Was it hard to paint the markers?

It is not as difficult as painting lume, but not easy. Requires a steady hand & alot of patience. I would recommend alot of practice before attempting to paint your dial unless you have very deep pockets, or have someone paint the markers for you.

*As alluded to by Akira, a lot of Rolex experts (including the majority of VRF, I think) believe that the 3-Color Rolex Oyster Cosmograph is not a legitimate dial. Google "3CROC" to find the article on DRSD (first hit), and to read the long and unexciting debate between John Mayer and Kamal Choraria. This dial is now referred to as "The Mayer Dial", so you know which side he comes down on.

Owning a Mayer dial can actually be an interesting story! "Collector paid $150,000 for it but discovered it was suspect! I picked it up for a cheap $10,000 - all parts except dial are genuine - and the collector took the write-off"

Enjoy your watch, mate!

Owning a Mayer dial can actually be an interesting story! "Collector paid $150,000 for it but discovered it was suspect! I picked it up for a cheap $10,000 - all parts except dial are genuine - and the collector took the write-off"

"Huh... So it's one of those fake watches, eh?"

:)

"Huh... So it's one of those fake watches, eh?"

:)

"The experts are split. It's either the most expensive fake watch ever or I got the deal of the century. Either way, me and John Mayer are now friends on Facebook! And that's pretty cool!!"

I guess ill let an expert do the painting. Thanks Freddy. I'll update next week when I get the watch back from service. Also,phongs dial will arrive tomorrow, ill show you guys what it looks like but I will be only keeping it aside as a spare.