When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Timex Depth Gauge

maxman

I was checking out the Timex Intelligent quartz Depth Gauge the other day. Although Im not a big fan of Timex watches....or quartz In general. I do have a Ironman thats been a very good watch for the last three years. That being said... I just dont care much for the watch "that takes a licking and keeps on ticking" ;)

When I first saw the Depth gauge I thought It might be a Seiko....one of my favorite watch brands. Yep....lots of love for Seikos here. :) I just happen to think that It's a very good looking diver. The prices I've seen have been In the area of $225.00-250.00.

I do like the overall look of the watch and the tempature gauge Is kind of cool. I do wish It was In fahrenheit rather than celsius. The (LBI) low battery Indicater could come In handy. The Depth Gauge actually has a lot going for it Imo. I do a fair amount of swimming throughout the year....about 2-3 miles a week. Im thinking about picking one of these up and maybe put It on a Zulu for beach days and just [censored] around In general. OBTW...It's a 46mm. about perfect for me.

So what do you guys think....decent beater maybe?

Im thinking the Zulu below would be a nice look. Thoughts?

Mike

http://www.timex.com...-gauge-t2n809za

post-19368-0-36555800-1342542029_thumb.j

post-19368-0-80774100-1342542194_thumb.j

post-19368-0-32644900-1342544918_thumb.j

Nice watch.

But , I would have a couple questions

1) Do you have to take the watch off for 15 minutes to get a accurate temp (ie. g-shock, Tissots, etc..)

2) Would you mistake the min hand for the depth hand and vice versa. I've been narc'd underwater before. its easy to get disoriented without you realizing it.

but its really is a good looking watch