When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question About Omega Sizing

mezzanine

My whole understanding of watch dimensions has been thrown for a loop. I got a Seamaster that I *believe* is supposed to be 41mm, but then I also just got a Tag Link Chrono, and that's supposed to be a 42mm model. The thing is, the Tag's case is significantly bigger than the Seamaster's, which is on the small size of what I like. The difference is significant...definitely more than a millimeter.

I still want a Planet Ocean (rubber strap be damned), but if the smaller one is the same size as my Seamaster, I would go for the 45mm. BUT, if the 42.5mm is closer to the Tag in size, then I would definitely go for the smaller of the PO's, as the Tag is about as big as I feel I can get away with, with my smaller wrists. Can anyone settle this relative sizing inconsistency for me? :huh:

I would go to an AD to get a real-life feel for the size difference myself, but I don't have one close to me that carries Omega.

I know how annoying bumps can be, but I am hoping to make a purchasing decision if I can get an answer to this, so shame is out the window. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.

I actually measured both cases- the Tag and the Omega Seamaster, and they're surprisingly similar in length, even though the Tag seems so much bigger.

Ask for a mesure ment between 2 and 8 om the out side of the case for a non chrono and then you will get a good comparisom from a known watch that you might have. Most watches are messured 3-9 bur some just the dial some the case with out crown and some with crown. so 2-8 for non chronos outs side the case would be something they would have to mesure them selves and would geve you a better comparison.

Going to bed now been to party as you can see from the spelling