When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 1655 to 16750 Birthday Project Build - Pictorial...

justlounging

• 8 months later...

One word amazing.<br />Wear in good health <br />Wondering whatsapp willen be your 34 watch.<br /><br />Carpe Dien<br /><br />Cats<br /><br /><br />Sent with my XperiaZ using tapatalk 2<br /><br />

the biggest problem with 1675 and 16750 builds is the crown. there is a big difference between the 5.3 mm and 6 mm crown. I have a gen 16750 and the 5.3 is tiny!! When you put a 5.3 mm crown in a case made for a 6mm crown the gap between the crown and crown guards is very noticeable, maybe not by the average person, but anyone with any knowledge of plexi GMT's will know. It's too bad that the rep manufacturers have never made a decent case for a 1675/16750. If you have someone who can laser weld, they can build up the insides of the crown guards to make it work, sort of like some folks are making old Rolex cases look brand-new by building up the lugs and restoring the correct bevel to the top of the lugs.

I agree with you..but i think RA is trying to do something similar so that the 5.3mm crown can be fitted without the huge gap..

in the meantime, installing a gen 6mm twinlock crown would be the next best thing..

the biggest problem with 1675 and 16750 builds is the crown. there is a big difference between the 5.3 mm and 6 mm crown. I have a gen 16750 and the 5.3 is tiny!! When you put a 5.3 mm crown in a case made for a 6mm crown the gap between the crown and crown guards is very noticeable, maybe not by the average person, but anyone with any knowledge of plexi GMT's will know. It's too bad that the rep manufacturers have never made a decent case for a 1675/16750. If you have someone who can laser weld, they can build up the insides of the crown guards to make it work, sort of like some folks are making old Rolex cases look brand-new by building up the lugs and restoring the correct bevel to the top of the lugs.