When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm torn on next purchase- need help

PyratM

I'm relatively new to the hobby and am in need of some opinions. I've got a PAM 26K destro, Mont Blanc Timewalker, and the gen (yet modded) PAM 210 "SoCal V3" (google it). I've also got gens GShock Dee and Ricky and GA110SN-7A. I'm looking at either the AP Diver V3, PAM 243 noob, PAM 127 noob, or the DSSD Ult V5. I'm only looking to get one for now, but would like some opinions on which one.

• Like 1

My suggestion may be influenced by the fact I just got the Pam127 this week, but I think it is a gorgeous watch. The domed crystal, sandwich dial and the gold hands are a great combo. I love how striking the dial looks at an angle when the numbers are partially obscured and my eyes are drawn to the shiny gold hands...It is a truly a great design.

Things you may want to consider are: 1) The watch is in limited availability, made worst by rumors of a recent raid on the Noob factory and 2) It is a sizable watch. My wrist is about 7 1/8 inches and I think I can barely pull it off, at least IMHO.

Can't speak on the Diver, DSSD or Pam243 since I don't own any of the models. I hope whatever you select makes you happy.

Edited by PaneraiFan315

As you have 2 PAM's why not go for the AP Diver or DSSD. I personally went with the AP Diver as I tried on the DSSD at an AD and thought it was too bulky on my wrist.

It seems to me the AP diver is a bigger watch than the DSSD, with the caseset considered. How is it that the DSSD appears more bulky on your wrist than the Diver?

It seems to me the AP diver is a bigger watch than the DSSD, with the caseset considered. How is it that the DSSD appears more bulky on your wrist than the Diver?

They wear similar

The DSSD sits a little taller on the wrist/thicker but not a big difference between how the diver and DSSD wear

If I am not mistaken the AP is 42mm wide and just under 14mm tall and the DSSD is 44mm and 18mm tall, I think it was more the added height that just made it just feel bulkier on my wrist. Just my 2 cents.