When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RG ceramic on HBB’s

Hi there,

I like gold… yes I do! Maybe some of you know this. Issues of course is, that as a daily beater RG-plating has its limits. I would say daily worn, max. a year! BUT, there is a solution inform of:

• RG-ceramic

RG-ceramic is a solution, for RG without any issues of scratching or fading! Like the polished black-ceramic a mirror like finish, long-living and colour true. Specially the mirror finish I love vs. RG-plating, as there are no brushings from the CAD-milling during the watch making.

My daily beater as here: http://www.repgeek.c...ad.php?t=177204 is the proof. Bad luck is that no other watches offer this. Of course there is RG-DLC, as used on some AP models.

And the colour vs. gen? It is a little off, but the finish is so fantastic, that you forget this issue…

Here some pics to show what I mean!

Dutchy

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

68bdf9c9.jpg

Edited by theflyingdutchman

It is a lovely watch mate for sure..

But would I be right in thinking that the ceramic RG is a ceramic with RG colouring rather than a plating like the standard models you can get?

Is that why you get the durability?

And if god forbid you did cause a deep scratch or ding... is it a through colour or like RG plated.. a surface treatment? For example say you rebrushed that lug end... would it stay RG?

Great pics and certainly something very tempting ....

Good questions...

Q1: And if god forbid you did cause a deep scratch or ding... is it a through colour or like RG plated.. a surface treatment?

A1; My daily beater (not this watch) has no scratch at all... the RG ceramic is that hard. I know. not a real good answer, more just a fact.

Q2:For example say you rebrushed that lug end... would it stay RG?

A2; No ideam but I ain't try it!

P.S. Daily beater pics here: http://www.rwg.cc/topic/148618-rg-ceramic-hbb-on-2012-italia-tour/

Edited by theflyingdutchman

So clearly if you are wearing one as a beater .... you aint getting the wear you see on the RG plated steel... now if I recall the wear once it starts... looks like silvery/gold in lustre then just goes to looking steel?

So I would guess logic would suggest that the RG ceramic is a through and through colour ..... as an example like render on a wall.... some are just cement based grey thats painted on the surface and the better renders have the colour mixed in with the render.

Which would suggest this is a finish that you couldnt harm in terms of making any dings that would show the steel colour underneath... because there is nothing underneath except more RG ceramic?

I realise dings is probably not the right adjective for ceramic but you know what I mean hopefully :)