When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111M - Swiss or Asian movement?

Muttsta

Pardon my ignorance, I've tried to read up on this topic but still have some questions. I've always been under the impression that Swiss movements are superior and have always got them when given the opportunity. However, I am currently looking at the PAM111M by Noob-Maker and am not sure if I should go with Swiss or Asian movement. While I believe the Swiss will be better quality, they appear to look identical and the Asian movement in fact has a higher number of beats per minute like the genuine. What do you guys generally recommend? No point spending more money if there is no benefit, I might as well buy a nice strap. Thanks!

The Swiss models that are sold by the dealers in their Swiss upgraded models are the low beat (18000vph) versions. It is not easy for them, or anyone for that matter, to source the high beat movements. They do look very similar at first glance, but the quality of the materials used to build the components is the big difference. Hope this helps good luck with you purchase.

That is a relative question, it depends on you, and how hard you intend to use the watch and if you want a more gen. look. If you are going to use the watch hard, then the ETA parts are better, it will also give you a much higher resale value in the future. If you want it to look more gen. then I would go with the Asian 6497-2 with the 21600vph movement. That's only IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

That is a relative question, it depends on you, and how hard you intend to use the watch and if you want a more gen. look. If you are going to use the watch hard, then the ETA parts are better, it will also give you a much higher resale value in the future. If you want it to look more gen. then I would go with the Asian 6497-2 with the 21600vph movement. That's only IMHO.

Do you mean by "how hard you intend to use the watch" how often you wear the watch? I have the same question about the ETA vs the Asian. I would like to wear it daily...

Correct, I meant to say the more you use the watch the better the Swiss components will last as they are more robust compared to their Asian counterparts. The Swiss engine also helps the resale price in the future. This is not to take away from the the Asian engines, they are good products and way less expensive than the Swiss.

By the looks of things we might have to all begin to get use to the Asian products, as the Swiss parts become more and more expensive and even more rare. ETA is starting to cut down on sales to the open market.

Correct, I meant to say the more you use the watch the better the Swiss components will last as they are more robust compared to their Asian counterparts. The Swiss engine also helps the resale price in the future. This is not to take away from the the Asian engines, they are good products and way less expensive than the Swiss.

By the looks of things we might have to all begin to get use to the Asian products, as the Swiss parts become more and more expensive and even more rare. ETA is starting to cut down on sales to the open market.

Ok thanks! I don't know much about movements, but what are the differences between the 18000vph and 21000vph movement?