When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

getting nervous - now what?

redroom

Some background - I've been on the site for years, mostly as a lurker. I've recently made a first-time order from one of the top-rated "Trusted Dealers" on the site who has great reviews. I don't want to name the dealer or give too many details until I give him a chance to fix the issue I'm having but at the same time I want to get peoples opinions before it's too late and I've lost my money.

The story - I made the order more for two watches more than 10 days ago, 3 days after I made the order and paid. I received a note that one of the watches was out of stock and the suggestion that I consider another similar watch. I said fine, and accepted the suggestion. Now I just received a message that the other watch I wanted is also out of stock and that I need to pick another! As you can imagine I'm very disappointed. I've paid a considerable amount of money, been waiting for almost two weeks and am not even going to get the watches I requested. At this point, I want to just get my money back and order from somewhere else unless this dealer can deliver.

What should I do?

Thanks

I would ask for a refund if you don't want to wait. This has happened to me before and the TD, Andrew, was supercool about it. I got my money back about a month later which I think is reasonable.

If on the other hand, you prefer to wait it out, it should be okay too. I waited like 3 weeks for the PAM127 to be available and that was no sweat as well. That was with Torobravo since Andrew doesn't seem to carry noob stuff.

Good luck and I hope it turns out good for you.

Edited by PaneraiFan315

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a refund on the watch that is out of stock. If they don't have it, and don't know when it will be available again, i would ask for a refund.I don't particularly like substitutions. Unless the substitute is almost identical to the one you ordered, you probably won't be happy with it.

yeah just get your money back, they dont have what you are after, there should be no hard feelings. This has happened to me before, and after I asked them if they have it in stock and they said yes, when I paid, not in stock pick another.... I Just said thats the only watch I wanted sorry, refund.

Try and get what you want, dont get convinced into buying another watch just cause thye have your money.

Try and get what you want, dont get convinced into buying another watch just cause they have your money.

That's the best advice you are going to get here. Don't get sucked into some kind of remediation offered by some here. They have no power at all over the "dealers".

This just happened to me with a GEN purchase after checking several times that the model I wanted was in stock, lo and behold as soon as paid in full, oh sorry the model your after has just sold but you can have another colour which is in stock and ready to ship :huh: still not got the money back in my account yet either !!!! It's not just rep dealers who are doing this red :inverted:

Dont accept this [censored] just take your money elsewhere ;)

Some background - I've been on the site for years, mostly as a lurker. I've recently made a first-time order from one of the top-rated "Trusted Dealers" on the site who has great reviews. I don't want to name the dealer or give too many details until I give him a chance to fix the issue I'm having but at the same time I want to get peoples opinions before it's too late and I've lost my money.

The story - I made the order more for two watches more than 10 days ago, 3 days after I made the order and paid. I received a note that one of the watches was out of stock and the suggestion that I consider another similar watch. I said fine, and accepted the suggestion. Now I just received a message that the other watch I wanted is also out of stock and that I need to pick another! As you can imagine I'm very disappointed. I've paid a considerable amount of money, been waiting for almost two weeks and am not even going to get the watches I requested. At this point, I want to just get my money back and order from somewhere else unless this dealer can deliver.

What should I do?

Thanks

Seriously, this scenario read a lot like what a TD posted earlier.

Strongly suggest you get a refund asap. Contact another dealer and ask to confirm availability of the said watches then make a purchase. Other trusted dealers here work a little different by sourcing the models you need. Good luck.