When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Meeting with a gen owner

slask111

So, i was at dinner last night with an old friend of mine. Her bf has a gen 111 and is doing well in life. I have met him a few times before and he knows i am into reps. He is not, he does not like that at all. But last night at dinner it would only be me, him and our girlfriends. So i thought it would be ok to wear my rep pam. Usually when i know im going to meet this guy i wear something else, since i know he has a gen pam 111. My Ebel usually works fine. But this time i wore my noob 112 latest edition. During the dinner i noticed he looking at my wrist several times, but he never spoke up.

So after a few bottles of whine i told him what i was wearing. I gave him my watch and he spent atleast 10 minutes looking at it. He actually took of his 111 to compare them. Funny thing is that he didn't even look at the dial, only at the movement. That was good of him i thought. But after 10 minutes i had to tell him how he could spot the fake, so i showed him the incabloc and then he realized. Long story short.. We had a discussion for four (4) hours about reps and our girlfriends HATED us! We just couldn't stop talking about it. Yes we were both drunk (see picture) but it was at a friendly level. But he don't like reps.. does not matter how good they are. Just remember that.. i mean the reps are great.. he couldn't see that i had a rep until i told him. But if you are a hater.. you WILL have a problem trying to tell them otherwise. Just a heads up ;)

549554_340538586029513_918987615_n.jpg

IMG_20120720_144916.jpg

P.s The n00b 112 is a GREAT rep!!!! Next time i will bring the latest noob 111 that i have ;) he will KILL me haha

Honestly, after 10 minutes of staring at the watch he couldn't tell it was a rep and he STILL hates them?

Well let him have his way then.

Bet it was a god conversation though.

Honestly, after 10 minutes of staring at the watch he couldn't tell it was a rep and he STILL hates them?

Well let him have his way then.

Bet it was a god conversation though.

I guess he cant stand that the reps are this good. I know i wouldnt. Thats why i didnt want to wear my rep pams when meeting him.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@Slask

What the [censored] man, you said that you would come to the AA-meeting a few days ago!!! But you never came!!! And now i see this, six [censored] bottels of wine and some craby beer, im your sponsor you should have called me, everytime BEFORE we fall of the wagon we need to call each other for [censored] sakes!!!

@Slask

What the [censored] man, you said that you would come to the AA-meeting a few days ago!!! But you never came!!! And now i see this, six [censored] bottels of wine and some craby beer, im your sponsor you should have called me, everytime BEFORE we fall of the wagon we need to call each other for [censored] sakes!!!

LOL i wish i could have been there. But i was stuck in Stockholm for other engagements. I hope and know that you had an awsome time though :)

Yes i should call you when its drinking time... but you would be annoyed with the amount off calls that i would do ;) Hope thats allright my obi one :)

I like your story. :)

A rep will always be a rep and a gen will always have its value.

But we cannot deny that the reps are evolving toward better quality (general build, accuracy of features, better lumes etc) and as long as there exists a salient price difference between the rep and the gens, the reps would always have a market. Rep haters like the guy you mentioned would always be around. Whats most important is that you enjoy your hobby and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. ;)

Next time i meet him (he actually invited my to his new years pary) i will suggest that he get a noob 111 as a "throw away watch" when tooling, partying etc. I will also invite him to this forum. If i get him to become a member im sure i will be able to turn him around. Remember.. he has one watch.. and thats the gen 111. If he realised what he can get if joining this forum im sure i will be able to turn him around. I will keep you updated ;)

Great story slask, the pams are absolutely beautiful reps, the quality is simply amazing, I had an acounter myself on the weekend, I was out having a few drinks with freinds and at the end of the night I clocked a bloke with a dssd on his wrist and I had to tell him he had a lovely watch, he said thanks grabbed my left wrist and said "wow triple one I had one of those before I sold it to get my dssd" I couldnt get a long enough stare at his to see if it was gen but I'm guessing it was. He kept looking at mine and saying he loved his pam 111 and wished he still had it :)

It just shows you the quality is amazing and even gen wearers think ours are gen :)

Gen 111 is the single most overpriced gen money can buy. Ugly overpriced movement, if they still went to the rffort of the E series movement decorations I may have a diff opinion.

But Your watch all in all is a better watch. Same exact thing at a fraction of the price. Had he been wearing an older sausage dial/ better movement version I would say differently but the gen 111, 112, 176, 177 are the worst gen investments a man can make with Pams

Gen 111 is the single most overpriced gen money can buy. Ugly overpriced movement, if they still went to the rffort of the E series movement decorations I may have a diff opinion.

But Your watch all in all is a better watch. Same exact thing at a fraction of the price. Had he been wearing an older sausage dial/ better movement version I would say differently but the gen 111, 112, 176, 177 are the worst gen investments a man can make with Pams

Thats why i have the noob 111 and 112 :)

And btw, i dont that much less than this guy.. so i am the winner ;)